The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Unit 5 25 mark essay

Hey, does anyone know how many marks students get in average for the 25 mark essay in biology?
Reply 1
he maximum you get is 16 marks
average is about 6- 10 marks
you wont get more than 16 how much ever you try only if you put all the facts you get arround 16-18:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by megh12
he maximum you get is 16 marks
average is about 6- 10 marks
you wont get more than 16 how much ever you try only if you put all the facts you get arround 16-18:smile:

Damn, that's quite low! What do u mean the maximum is 16? Is that the highest mark that A* students get. Thx for the reply
Reply 3
Original post by jimgordan
Damn, that's quite low! What do u mean the maximum is 16? Is that the highest mark that A* students get. Thx for the reply
yup thats the highest not more thanthat and you need to have all your facts correctlt for it , a bad essay gets between 0-3 marks lol
Reply 4
Original post by megh12
yup thats the highest not more thanthat and you need to have all your facts correctlt for it , a bad essay gets between 0-3 marks lol

Ah okay thanks! One final question. How many sides do you have to write?
Reply 5

lol it depends if you aim for grade a then write about 3-4 pages but major marks are given for specific content always write the specific you can highlight it too the 16 marks i told is based on scientific content that has the major chunk

relevance and communication gets you 3 marks each lol its not actually depended on number of pages:smile: hope it helps
Original post by megh12
lol it depends if you aim for grade a then write about 3-4 pages but major marks are given for specific content always write the specific you can highlight it too the 16 marks i told is based on scientific content that has the major chunk

relevance and communication gets you 3 marks each lol its not actually depended on number of pages:smile: hope it helps

Why are you talking rubbish? The maximum Isn't 16 the maximum is obviously 25 and u can easily get 20+
Reply 7
Original post by Squishy•
Why are you talking rubbish? The maximum Isn't 16 the maximum is obviously 25 and u can easily get 20+

Yh, the maximum is 25 but what I think Megh12 meant was that the top students generally get around 16. My teacher said that the average students tend to get 12 marks whilst the A* students get around 16-17. And how can you get 20+ easily?
Yh, the maximum is 25 but what I think Megh12 meant was that the top students generally get around 16. My teacher said that the average students tend to get 12 marks whilst the A* students get around 16-17. And how can you get 20+ easily?

Oh I get u. Everyone in my school is getting 20+ as long as u know ur content then it's fine
Reply 9
Original post by Squishy•
Oh I get u. Everyone in my school is getting 20+ as long as u know ur content then it's fine

Ah okay fair enough.
Reply 10
yup thats what i meant 20+ is a bit hard not that easy but if you get your facts right you can get it :smile: and i did do my master in biology as a part time course :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending