The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zargabaath
Nah, this is like "E" material, an off hand comment. You really aren't worth anyone's time or effort.

It's your A material. It's the level for some hairy dude from Leciesiter learning how to fix printers.
Original post by Awesome Genius
Lol yeh but this is not a good attitude to have. It is like communism. It is why this country is full of lazy people who eat chips and claim beneifts.

My comment earlier about "I don't feel this way" is to say I don't feel that physically unattractive people should be sidelined they way they are by society. Many of them have extremely valuable and interesting things to say and things to offer to the world - I appreciate this and never treat people partially just based on appearance. When it comes intelligence, yes, I find it difficult to connect with people that I can't really have a conservation with.

Is this true? I recall you've made some really harsh comments about "ugly" people before :frown: Unless they were jokes, but with you it's hard to tell :redface:
Original post by e hine e
Royal Society for the Protection of Birds. They're big on conservation.

:naughty:

Love you
It's your A material. It's the level for some hairy dude from Leciesiter learning how to fix printers.

LMAO as opposed to your level? What actually is your level? You've graduated with a medical degree and you spend your time posting **** on TSR? You're a cardboard cut out mate, I can guess exactly what your "level" is. Spoilt, entitled, arrogant. Living off of mummy and daddy's money in exchange for any independence you could've had, like a twenty something year old child. Being the good Indian son to be moulded by his parents, with a misguided superiority complex because you follow a regressive culture.

You look down on the rest of us, completely unaware of quite literally everyone laughing at the joke that is you and your life :rofl:
Original post by Ethereal World
:naughty:

Love you

:kiss:

:getmecoat:
Original post by ravioliyears
You know, some of the words you said were quite good and valid, but I don't believe that there are ugly people in the world

:rofl:

Original post by WoodyMKC

Spent 5 minutes trying to decide which one to drop. Realised I didn't have to.
Being the good Indian son to be moulded by his parents, with a misguided superiority complex because you follow a regressive culture.

You look down on the rest of us, completely unaware of quite literally everyone laughing at the joke that is you and your life :rofl:

I'm a Sikh guy soon to enter medicine.

Don't really give a **** about your opinions on the so-called 'regressive' culture that has lead to Sikhs being massively successful and low-crime in the UK. Not sure what basis you have to laugh at the life of someone like OP, who is likely doing better than you in every quantifiable way.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dairychocolate

Don't really give a **** about your opinions on the so-called 'regressive' culture that has lead to Sikhs being massively successful and low-crime in the UK. Not sure what basis you have to laugh at the life of someone like OP, who is likely better than you in every quantifiable way.

cool i wasn't talking to you tbh and i'm assuming you haven't heard the views OP holds either.
I have plenty of basis to laugh at OP and honestly, I wouldn't trade places with him if i was about to develop a brain tumour
Original post by dairychocolate

Don't really give a **** about your opinions on the so-called 'regressive' culture that has lead to Sikhs being massively successful and low-crime in the UK. Not sure what basis you have to laugh at the life of someone like OP, who is likely doing better than you in every quantifiable way.

Lol well put :smile:
LMAO as opposed to your level? What actually is your level? You've graduated with a medical degree and you spend your time posting **** on TSR? You're a cardboard cut out mate, I can guess exactly what your "level" is. Spoilt, entitled, arrogant. Living off of mummy and daddy's money in exchange for any independence you could've had, like a twenty something year old child. Being the good Indian son to be moulded by his parents, with a misguided superiority complex because you follow a regressive culture.

My level ...

The same exams we sat by ourselves, I did better than you. My parents didn't take those exams for me. So it meant I got a good degree and gained skills you couldn't dream of having. I contribute more to society than you ever will designing LEDs or whatever it is you do in a run down pointless place like that.

If you take my background out of it, the fact remains im doing way better than you are.

You're making this discussion personal, not me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Should change intelligence to money, girls only care for intelligence if it can make them money.
Reply 71
Basically I am in a unique position to answer the question, being both extremely intelligent and very good-looking.

I would summarise:

Looks get you through the door, intelligence gets you the job.

I speak metaphorically.

Society is fixated on superficial things. And if you're really ugly or fat then no one cares about you. That's not a good thing and it's not the attitude I hold personally by any means, but I do believe it's true.

But, that said, good-looking people are two-a-penny.
And actually highly intelligent people are not that common.

My advice to the many people on TSR that have been held back by their looks is, don't worry, if you're smart, eventually you will find a way to succeed.

If you're stupid and ugly like some of the people I was talking to this morning, then you're ****ed I guess.

AG

Oooh! Lucky me. I'm extremely intelligent +an absolute genius and also a good looking person :u:

P.S- there is literally no one in this world who's ugly so I strongly disagree with you. Every single human being is beautiful in his/her own way.
Original post by WoodyMKC

^ #Everydayisarmday :smile:
Thanks for the rep.

No problem, and you are ugly.
:yawn:
You can be the best looking and most intelligent person in the world. If you've got a foul character, you'll have a superficial, if not miserable life. The more assets you have, the more expectations you will have from the people around you, and you will find that if you lack character or common sense, you won't be surrounded by the kind of people you'd appreciate yourself.

Also, some people value intellect over intelligence. I won't get into debate that looks are subjective as well.
Basically I am in a unique position to answer the question, being both extremely intelligent and very good-looking.

I would summarise:

Looks get you through the door, intelligence gets you the job.

I speak metaphorically.

Society is fixated on superficial things. And if you're really ugly or fat then no one cares about you. That's not a good thing and it's not the attitude I hold personally by any means, but I do believe it's true.

But, that said, good-looking people are two-a-penny.
And actually highly intelligent people are not that common.

My advice to the many people on TSR that have been held back by their looks is, don't worry, if you're smart, eventually you will find a way to succeed.

AG

Intelligence doesn't get you the job. Skills get you the job. Just by having a high IQ, I can't just walk into a hospital and try to get a job. Similarly, for labor such as plumbing or arts such as acting, intelligence is not even relevant.

Latest