The Student Room Group

Help me please!!!!! (statistics coursework)

Does anyone know what we're supposed to mention in the analysis, evaluation and conclusion?
[QUOTE=Aniqa_R;64244407]Does anyone know what we're supposed to mention in the analysis, evaluation and conclusion?
Just a note that this is tailored to Edexcel because that's what I take but can be used for the other exam boards as well :smile:
Analysis
Any relevant graphs, tables etc.
Sample type
Implications on your hypothesis from your graph
What the graph therefore shows
Any affect outliers have by bring removed/not removed

Evaluation
Discussion of results and their meaning regarding the hypothesis
Why your statistics were needed in the real world
Biases introduced due to calculation, lack of data, or change to data collection method Future plans required
This is where a good deal of marks come from

Conclusion section
State results and what this means for you hypothesis
Quickly state any problems and if they were over come

i think there's more in the analysis section but I can't find my notes to check
HTH
Reply 2
Original post by Lemur14
Just a note that this is tailored to Edexcel because that's what I take but can be used for the other exam boards as well :smile:
Analysis
Any relevant graphs, tables etc.
Sample type
Implications on your hypothesis from your graph
What the graph therefore shows
Any affect outliers have by bring removed/not removed

Evaluation
Discussion of results and their meaning regarding the hypothesis
Why your statistics were needed in the real world
Biases introduced due to calculation, lack of data, or change to data collection method Future plans required
This is where a good deal of marks come from

Conclusion section
State results and what this means for you hypothesis
Quickly state any problems and if they were over come

i think there's more in the analysis section but I can't find my notes to check
HTH

Thank you!
Original post by Aniqa_R
Thank you!

np :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Lemur14

Do I write a step by step on how I did my calculations in the analysis?
Original post by Aniqa_R
Do I write a step by step on how I did my calculations in the analysis?

Depends what you mean by step by step. If you mean that you (for example) take the Spearman's Rank equation and substitute the numbers in then solve it little by little then no. You should do that but it should be in the appendix. In the analysis you should just give the equation and the result of the equation and then explain what that means for your analysis.
If, by step by step, you mean to say. First I took the Spearman's Rank equation and substituted the numbers in. I followed all the steps (see appendix 1) and the answer was 0.8 which means there is a strong positive correlation then yes that is acceptable and, in Edexcel at least, expected.
Reply 6
Original post by Lemur14
Depends what you mean by step by step. If you mean that you (for example) take the Spearman's Rank equation and substitute the numbers in then solve it little by little then no. You should do that but it should be in the appendix. In the analysis you should just give the equation and the result of the equation and then explain what that means for your analysis.
If, by step by step, you mean to say. First I took the Spearman's Rank equation and substituted the numbers in. I followed all the steps (see appendix 1) and the answer was 0.8 which means there is a strong positive correlation then yes that is acceptable and, in Edexcel at least, expected.

Thanks again :smile:
Original post by Aniqa_R
Thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest