The Student Room Group

Summer Accommodation for Internship

I'm working in Canary Wharf over the summer as an intern and looking for somewhere to stay in London, preferably some kind of student halls.

I've come across Claredale house, has anyone stayed in it previously and worked in CW, and if so how was it/the commute. Also open to other suggestions (don't want to pay more than £180 a week) if anyone has any. Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
My daughter has dropped out of uni and is desperate for someone to take over her lease. (Well her mum is desperate lol!!)

She has really really nice accommodation in Herne Hill. It's safe, clean, secure. It's a single room in a group of four with en suite bathroom. Very nice kitchen. Overlooks the park, all in all a great flat. A lot of mature/post grad students.

If you are interested please PM me.

The rent is £191 a week so a little more than you were hoping to pay but I think the area and environment makes up for the small extra cost.

Take care

Jen

Original post by cupsoftea
I'm working in Canary Wharf over the summer as an intern and looking for somewhere to stay in London, preferably some kind of student halls.

I've come across Claredale house, has anyone stayed in it previously and worked in CW, and if so how was it/the commute. Also open to other suggestions (don't want to pay more than £180 a week) if anyone has any. Thanks in advance.

Take a look at The Curve, CRM. Its on Aldgate East, and a Bus ride (20min) away from Canary Wharf. Its 220-230pw, pretty expensive I know... But it includes a range of facilitates such as a Gym.

I looked at Claredale house, although its cheap, the communal cost (as its further away) + time is definitely going to be more.

Also, if you are working in a Bank, I'm sure a total price difference of a few hundred pounds ain't gonna matter much.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by benedictblue
Take a look at The Curve, CRM. Its on Aldgate East, and a Bus ride (20min) away from Canary Wharf. Its 220-230pw, pretty expensive I know... But it includes a range of facilitates such as a Gym.

I looked at Claredale house, although its cheap, the communal cost (as its further away) + time is definitely going to be more.

Also, if you are working in a Bank, I'm sure a total price difference of a few hundred pounds ain't gonna matter much.

Just had a look - only seems to be studio lets at the Aldgate site for £280

Are you staying there this summer?
Just had a look - only seems to be studio lets at the Aldgate site for £280

Are you staying there this summer?

Strange, it should be http://www.crm-students.com/crm-accommodation/london/the-curve/

I've made my booking on a third party website, https://flat-club.com/flat/details/145062

I'm most likely staying there, unless I find something better :tongue:
Reply 5
Any thoughts on Claredale house? I was also thinking of staying there.

Would be great to hear feedback from people about the place.
Reply 6
Original post by Berkies
Any thoughts on Claredale house? I was also thinking of staying there.

Would be great to hear feedback from people about the place.

I'm also interested in Claredale House. Have you eventually booked there?
Reply 7
I've gone with Claredale as it's reasonable price, alright commute to CW & other students doing internships will be there. Couldn't really find anything that suited better, obviously it won't be perfect but its just for a summer
Reply 8
http://www.sterlingdevere.com/ has some interesting shortlets over the summer in Canary Wharf area. I am considering to go with them. Anyone have any experience?
Reply 9
Has anyone had experience with http://lhalondon.com/davies-court/ seems to allow short lets and the location seems good for CW.
Original post by john787
Has anyone had experience with http://lhalondon.com/davies-court/ seems to allow short lets and the location seems good for CW.

Have you heard anything about them in the end? It doesnt seem like you are able to book until a week before you move in though...
I went with Claredale too. I hope they aren't over-the-top strict with their 'no overnight guests' policy though as I'm not going the entire Summer without having my girlfriend visit.
Reply 12
Original post by HeyyImRyan
I went with Claredale too. I hope they aren't over-the-top strict with their 'no overnight guests' policy though as I'm not going the entire Summer without having my girlfriend visit.

Are you working in CW or elsewhere?

I should think/hope they won't be watching us that closely to notice, especially if you are subtle enough about it
Original post by HeyyImRyan

I think they are more concerned about noise (i.e. having large groups or even one guy make loads of noise). They're quite strict about not disrupting locals. Your girlfriend should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
I think they are more concerned about noise (i.e. having large groups or even one guy make loads of noise). They're quite strict about not disrupting locals. Your girlfriend should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant, thanks for clarifying!

Are you working in CW or elsewhere?

I should think/hope they won't be watching us that closely to notice, especially if you are subtle enough about it

I'm working near Bank so pretty perfect as it's two stops on the tube. You?

Yeah that's what I was thinking!
Reply 15
Just wondering what you think of Claredale. We are currently deciding between Claredale and the Curve for my son's sophomore year. He will be studying abroad at London Met in Moorgate. Didn't want to spend as much money as the Curve charges, but we want him in a nice, clean, safe, friendly place with other students.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending