The Student Room Group

What's the solution to the migrant crisis?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyreke
Extreme situations call for extreme measures.

That is true. Unfortunately our weak politicians are of the mind set that to solve the extremist problem, love and kindness is needed.
wait for sweden to completely occupi- i mean, culturally enriched by barbarians and the entire europe can wake up
Original post by SwedenYes
Let them come :smile:

It is sustainable, we merely need to unite and welcome them, and purge our tribalist and racist attitudes

If europe does not share the burden, gladly will sweden !

PRSOM

Sweden Yes!
get the naval fleet in the channel. act accordingly.
The only viable long-term solution is to try and fix the problems in the countries that they're coming from.

In the meantime I'm all for helping the genuine refugees but the economic migrants need kicking into touch. In particular we need mass deportations of the migrants who are causing trouble(the perpetrators of the Cologne attacks for example) to send a clear message that it won't be tolerated.
Original post by Grand High Witch
People aren't going stop coming (or attempt to come) to Europe for the foreseeable future. What do we do about it? It can't be sustainable just to have large volumes of people wandering around the continent. Do we resettle them all in Europe? Do we send them back? Do we create more camps? Do we try and share the burden across Europe?

What's your view?

The only way to stop it is to stop them landing or as soon as they do send them back to turkey if it's Greece or Lybia if it's Italy.

Anything else encourages it.

If you want to let some people in take them from camps as then you choose who to let in I.e women and obvious children

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamesN88
The only viable long-term solution is to try and fix the problems in the countries that they're coming from.

So some kind of mass hypnosis, to remove islam from their heads?
stop aiding and supply foreign terrorists (labelled 'moderates') in Syria would be a good start.
Original post by MildredMalone
nice try but remember a few years ago said countries were the migrants/refugees are coming from were stable until Western countries sneezed 'democracy' onto them, accept responsibility ffs!
Original post by SwedenYes
Yes

Aha! So some of you disgusting fascists are joking around about the migrant crisis. You think the migrant crisis is a joke? Thousands of children die in the Mediterranean. You think multiculturalism and tolerance are jokes too? The only way to deal with terrorism is to not alienate minorities, which you fascists are intent on doing.

Original post by The_Opinion
That is true. Unfortunately our weak politicians are of the mind set that to solve the extremist problem, love and kindness is needed.
You want extreme solutions. What about extreme love and kindness? I bet that idea didn't occur to you. Bet your mind went straight to border guards shooting migrants, like that nazi woman in Germany.
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't let them in, simple. Easy. Problem solved.

How do you do that? At present it is easy as pie to get into the UK if you have the money. I am sure it won't be long before there is a hot black market in inflatable dinghies in France and Belgium. And then what will we do? Would you reinstate Dad's Army on the White Cliffs of Dover?
All these evil, right wing, fascist trump supporter comments on this thread tbh...

I mean come on guys, it's the CURRENT YEAR! How can you even hold these opinions?

It doesn't matter where they come from. It is only an issue as soon as they set foot in the country, then they become migrants and an internal issue. f you have a problem with this I suggest that you lobby your MP and demands that the Home Secretary becomes the Foreign Secretary.

Exactly, you thinking that they are irrelevant until they "set foot into our country" and "become our problem" is leaning heavily towards isolationism. And it's ridiculous to say that migration is a solely domestic issue, which you appear to be attempting to argue.
Original post by Xelfrost
All these evil, right wing, fascist trump supporter comments on this thread tbh...

I mean come on guys, it's the CURRENT YEAR! How can you even hold these opinions?

I thought you were right wing?
Don't let them in, simple. Easy. Problem solved.

Of course, you are vote leave, you cant seem to give a **** about others, did nature forget to give you empathy?
Original post by Multiculturalism
disgusting fascists

Uh oh, they pulled out the F card.

I thought you were right wing?

Do you not understand sarcasm? o.O
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TomAllison98
****ing hate immigrant scum

There's absolutely no reason to talk like this trolling or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MildredMalone

No I mean bringing back stability in Libya and Syria.
Original post by ByEeek
How do you do that? At present it is easy as pie to get into the UK if you have the money. I am sure it won't be long before there is a hot black market in inflatable dinghies in France and Belgium. And then what will we do? Would you reinstate Dad's Army on the White Cliffs of Dover?

These are not legal migrants, money in this issues is not relevant..

Original post by 雷尼克
Exactly, you thinking that they are irrelevant until they "set foot into our country" and "become our problem" is leaning heavily towards isolationism. And it's ridiculous to say that migration is a solely domestic issue, which you appear to be attempting to argue.

I have already proven to you that migration is a domestic issue, accept facts and move along.

Original post by Thisguy11
Of course, you are vote leave, you cant seem to give a **** about others, did nature forget to give you empathy?

You have no idea about me personally and just make huge assumptions. Not wanting the migrants in the country does not equate to not giving a "**** about others". I wonder how many migrants are living in your house.
Aha! So some of you disgusting fascists are joking around about the migrant crisis. You think the migrant crisis is a joke? Thousands of children die in the Mediterranean. You think multiculturalism and tolerance are jokes too? The only way to deal with terrorism is to not alienate minorities, which you fascists are intent on doing.

You want extreme solutions. What about extreme love and kindness? I bet that idea didn't occur to you. Bet your mind went straight to border guards shooting migrants, like that nazi woman in Germany.

Borders have to be enforced. The only reason Europe has the freedoms it has today is because borders were enforced.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending