The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone give me some advice for tomorrow's exam, especially for the writing part?
I can't seem to get full mark on those.
I got 48/50 for coursework and 30/30 for speaking nd listening so what do i ned for an A*?
Original post by partallaboutme
I got 48/50 for coursework and 30/30 for speaking nd listening so what do i ned for an A*?

argh so lucky haha!! You need around 35 + for an A* but aim for 40 so you know you've got a solid A*!
Reply 483
1462193508990-1814895669.jpg
Here is a quick poster i made, what do you think?
What are the chances of a written report coming up?
Can anyone look at a question 1 I did??
I think I got a B in my coursework & E in speaking and listening. (I don't know the figures) I am doing a core paper tomorrow so the highest grade I can get is a C overall. Can someone tell me how many marks do I need roughly in the exam to get a C overall!!
Have attached a document for most of the writing structures mentioned. Most of these are my schools but some are from the internet. The document includes recommended structures for a formal letter, informal letter, argumentative writing, news report, formal report, diary entry, journal (formal diary entry), speech, interview, narrative writing and descriptive writing. Please do let me know if there are any I have missed and I will attach accordingly. Hope this is of some help.
Would someone be able to mark a question 2 I have just done? Thanks
Original post by greggbastock1
Have attached a document for most of the writing structures mentioned. Most of these are my schools but some are from the internet. The document includes recommended structures for a formal letter, informal letter, argumentative writing, news report, formal report, diary entry, journal (formal diary entry), speech, interview, narrative writing and descriptive writing. Please do let me know if there are any I have missed and I will attach accordingly. Hope this is of some help.

DAMN! Thanks so much bro! Much appreciated!! :smile: :biggrin:
Original post by CPMH
Yea your right, were both ganna smash these exams and come out with A's, keep in touch when you finish your exams, i want to be seeing A's on your results sheet

You too, buddy (:

Original post by Geforce145
Same I do computer science, what exam board are you doing for computing?

BTW ,Good luck tomorrow.

I'm doing OCR with their dread textbooks and horrendous specifications. How about you?

Good luck to you too. (:
Original post by joshualh
Would someone be able to mark a question 2 I have just done? Thanks

Sure. Pm it to me.
guys would you use first or third person if they ask you to write a formal report / newspaper of your experience somewhere
Original post by greggbastock1

Wow, dude, wow. This is perfect. Thanks a lot!
Original post by suryyyyynn
guys would you use first or third person if they ask you to write a formal report / newspaper of your experience somewhere

They'll tell you what "person" to use. You'll be asked to write as someone specifically.

But normally in a report or newspaper, first person would be used
Reply 494
Would anyone be able to give me some feedback on a report I have just written for Q1? It's for the oct/Nov 2013 paper if that helps
Original post by Mlb37
Would anyone be able to give me some feedback on a report I have just written for Q1? It's for the oct/Nov 2013 paper if that helps

Sure thing. PM it to me.
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
Sure thing. PM it to me.

Can someone look through a question 1 I did please?
Original post by 123Master321
Can someone look through a question 1 I did please?

I'd be happy to. PM it to me.
Has anybody got any exemplar answers for the language paper 2? In terms of grade boundaries, some components limit the grade you can get so it depends how hard the component you attemp are.
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
I'd be happy to. PM it to me.

Done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending