The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Year11Struggles
Nah, she hates her husband. Her husband is the 'pain in her neck' due to him being gone she can now go to all the other places previously mentioned.

So would I be marked down? :/
The text was confusing...
Nah, she hates her husband. Her husband is the 'pain in her neck' due to him being gone she can now go to all the other places previously mentioned.

Yeah didn't her husband go to hospital and she will pick him up from there on Friday. Was a weird story as was so ambigious
Original post by Redcoats
I am sure you've done great, and I totally agree; it is very difficult to get 15/15 - I only ever managed it once in a mock. The examiners always find it necessary to throw us a few curve balls with what seems to be the simplest question on the paper!

Problem with CIE
Anyone doing the German exam tomorrow with CIE?
Can someone help me? Im wondering what mark i need to get to get an A*

In the coursework i got 35/40 35/40 35/40 and I think 5/10. So what did I get out of 50? I don't understand how it works.
In my oral I got 25/30
So many marks could i loose to get an A* in the exam tdy presuming that the grade boundary is 106 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the trees laced with sunlight I put that they the warmth was ingrained within it, representative of the fact that separation between the two was impossible is this okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ducks_sd
Can someone help me? Im wondering what mark i need to get to get an A*

In the coursework i got 35/40 35/40 35/40 and I think 5/10. So what did I get out of 50? I don't understand how it works.
In my oral I got 25/30
So many marks could i loose to get an A* in the exam tdy presuming that the grade boundary is 106 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

High 30's say 37 -40

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellaramsay_
Yeah didn't her husband go to hospital and she will pick him up from there on Friday. Was a weird story as was so ambigious

Exactly, now I'm hearing of how she could have went to the animal sanctuary etc. when I thought she going to the hospital to pick up her husband and go to the airport meaning she couldn't have done any other stuff, which has cost me bullet point 3 basically.

I talked about how the husband was in hospital as part of BP2 to show that I knew he was in hospital. However, I tried to mention the husband as little as I could in BP3 because I felt as though the whole point of BP3 is talking about what she would do now that her husband is gone/ before she picks up her husband.

Correct me if I am wrong
(edited 7 years ago)
I talked about how the husband was in hospital as part of BP2 to show that I knew he was in hospital. However, I tried to mention the husband as little as I could in BP3 because I felt as though the whole point of BP3 is talking about what she would so now that her husband is gone/ before she picks up her husband.

Correct me if I am wrong

Yeah I did the same
Original post by BrokenToe1
I wrote about the use of 'tatty trinkets' and how he didn't like what they were selling and didn't like the town

Lol that's what I wrote and I feel like **** after seeing how imaginative some people were

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
For q2 I used the quotes 'white washed' as its an alliteration and said it suggests delicateness and how its peaceful as white is associated with angels etc.

I used the orange thing tree lol and said how life needs sunlight and that nature is becomes enticed by the sunlight etc

This was all written much better in the exam hahahaha so is this all ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If this wasn't a paper I would have said that Al later on shagged Mrs Head as her husband was an ungrateful prick... :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
What points did everyone put for the 15 bullet points in question three?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I did the same

Yeah I was like, now that my husband is gone I can do..... i dunno I said stuff about visiting the town again, exploring the landscape and hotel, writing in notebook and relaxing and talking to the gardener about bees again etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by I'm_infires
Yeah I was like, now that my husband is gone I can do..... i dunno I said stuff about visiting the town again, exploring the landscape and hotel, writing in notebook and relaxing and talking to the gardener about bees again etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Problem with me is I describe instead writing in all the good facts. As in I feel like I only really said a few points where I could have said so many more ugh
You know it's someone's bees-ness when #iGCSEenglish is trending worldwide on twitter.
Hopefully they're gonna lower the grade boundaries because of this.
Original post by shilo7
the tatty bit, the little bit of cloth and the 'staggering' or something like that

what did it mean anyways?
Original post by k.m.b
Is it true that you cannot get an a* in this exam?

I heard this actually! Apparently you can only get an A and the rest is reliant on coursework...
Original post by Planetes
You know it's someone's bees-ness when #iGCSEenglish is trending worldwide on twitter.
Hopefully they're gonna lower the grade boundaries because of this.

This happened last year with a different subject I think but they didn't lower it that much! Hopefully the examiners have a kind heart and lowers them by 5-10 marks hahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending