The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Inverness/Highland Campus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eilidhr99
Oh wait so, will this only be first years starting in 2017 or students in every year? Thanks for letting me know!!:smile:

Not sure to be honest, all we were told in the email was that it is a phased transfer of the whole pre-reg nursing course so I would assume that this would affect everyone as I can't see them teaching one year through UoS and the year below through UHI.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by Charlotte49
Not sure to be honest, all we were told in the email was that it is a phased transfer of the whole pre-reg nursing course so I would assume that this would affect everyone as I can't see them teaching one year through UoS and the year below through UHI.

Yeah that's interesting, I'm planning to go up for a tour of the campus soon so I'll ask about it then!! Thank you!
Reply 182
Hey got an unconditional offer today starting in September :smile:
Original post by el7
Hey got an unconditional offer today starting in September :smile:

Yay well done! Are you making it your firm? X
Reply 184
Yay well done! Are you making it your firm? X

I am :smile: Have you made it your firm? x
Original post by el7
I am :smile: Have you made it your firm? x

It's definitely going to be my firm but I can't decide what my insurance choice is!! Debating between Dundee or RGU 😋 Are you coming from school? X
Reply 186
It's definitely going to be my firm but I can't decide what my insurance choice is!! Debating between Dundee or RGU 😋 Are you coming from school? X

At least you have your options anyway 😊 No I'm not coming from school I'm 22 now! Are you coming from school?x
Original post by el7
At least you have your options anyway 😊 No I'm not coming from school I'm 22 now! Are you coming from school?x

Haha oh right! Yeah I am! Only in 5th year though so even younger 😁 x
Reply 188
Haha oh right! Yeah I am! Only in 5th year though so even younger 😁 x

You'll be fine anyway :smile: x
Hello
I recently got an offer for adult nursing in the highland campus and I was wondering what accommodations are available for me because the ones on the uni of the Stirling website are only for the Stirling campus and I'm getting confused to what accommodations are available for me.
Original post by zara1994
Hello
I recently got an offer for adult nursing in the highland campus and I was wondering what accommodations are available for me because the ones on the uni of the Stirling website are only for the Stirling campus and I'm getting confused to what accommodations are available for me.

There is accommodation there!! It's at Raigmore, it looks pretty basic but it's what you make of it I guess! If you accept your offer than I think they will send you information about it☺️
I got an interview on 27th for nursing in the highland campus and i was wondering if anyone know a cheap taxxi or way of transport from glasgow airport to Inverness highland please
Reply 192
Is anyone on this staying in the accommodation here?? I'm coming from Northern Ireland and want to find out some information about it! The website doesn't give any info about it!
Original post by emma474
Is anyone on this staying in the accommodation here?? I'm coming from Northern Ireland and want to find out some information about it! The website doesn't give any info about it!

Hey I'm the same coming from Ireland but I booked the accommodation and emailed asking about it they said was that it's a 4 bedroom flat with shared kitchen and bathroom. Heat and light are included and you are usually sharing with other students. Its £285 a month. Only thing is there is no wifi
Reply 194
Original post by zara1994
I got an interview on 27th for nursing in the highland campus and i was wondering if anyone know a cheap taxxi or way of transport from glasgow airport to Inverness highland please

Hey there! A taxi would be veeeery expensive, your best bet would be to get the train or Megabus to Inverness from glasgow then either a taxi to raigmore or walk, it is only a 20 minute walk from the train station... depending on how quickly you walk :smile: Hope that helps!
Reply 195
Hey guys! I received an unconditional for the Adult Nursing (Highland campus) and I'm aware that the on-campus accommodation is pretty drab and having already had the halls experience I reckon I'd prefer looking for something in town. If anyone is interested in flat-sharing give me a shout! Can't wait to meet y'all in September :smile:
Reply 196
Is anyone starting here in September 2016?☺️

I'm starting in september also! How are you feeling about starting the course? :smile:
[QUOTE=Shlynn;64686879]I'm starting in september also! How are you feeling about starting the course? :smile:

Ahh I am so so excited!! A bit nervous too but I can't wait!!😊 what about yourself??
Reply 198
Ahh I am so so excited!! A bit nervous too but I can't wait!!😊 what about yourself??

I know the feeling, I can't wait to start but I'm also happy to have a long summer! I'm just weary about the accommodation, I had a nurse come into my work in Stirling and told me how bad it was, but hoping to get a viewing in the next couple of weeks :smile:
[QUOTE=Shlynn;64687487]I know the feeling, I can't wait to start but I'm also happy to have a long summer! I'm just weary about the accommodation, I had a nurse come into my work in Stirling and told me how bad it was, but hoping to get a viewing in the next couple of weeks :smile:

Yeah I've heard it's pretty bad!😬 But I've heard we get to stay in the new UHI accommodation? Not sure how much truth there is to that but I'm going to visit the campus on the 27th so I'll ask about accommodation then!

Quick Reply

Latest