The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics May/June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the-future-medic
Thanks for the thread. :smile:

Another good website is mathsgenie and for videos hegartymaths.

How is everyone's revision going???

justmaths is key
Original post by sciencegcse
justmaths is key

What's so good about it?
Original post by greenmang0
What's so good about it?

It is videos GCSE questions (2016) and you can print of the questions and do them when the person is doing it so you have a better understanding on questions. It has boosted my grade by 2 full grades it is worth it trust me.
(edited 7 years ago)
The following are some of the most difficult maths questions you will ever see on a GCSE paper (I thought it was adequate to share these judging by everyone's resent to Hannah's sweets - though I found this very easy). I found all the below questions simple as well so do ask if you get stuck!
Original post by kasumikat
Do you think I'd be able to revise enough practice papers for the next 1 week and 4 days before the mom calculator exam? >.< I'm seriously getting a bit worried about not getting the grade as this is for my first choice university and I haven't been taking enough past paper.

Dont think about uni etc for now ur just gonna worry yourself and plus uni is a gd 2 years away(im assuming ur 16 btw) take each day by day and just do the past papers and mark them with the correct answers,do not think about anything but the questions your given this way you will perform at ur best
Original post by Redcoats
The following are some of the most difficult maths questions you will ever see on a GCSE paper (I thought it was adequate to share these judging by everyone's resent to Hannah's sweets - though I found this very easy). I found all the below questions simple as well so do ask if you get stuck!

Thanks for those, can you help me out with the third one though? Struggling with it :/
Original post by vadermolt1
Thanks for those, can you help me out with the third one though? Struggling with it :/

Sure!

So that I do not remove the overwhelming satisfaction of getting a really hard question right, I'll give you a few hints:

If the following does not help, just ask for more help!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Waveyalex
Dont think about uni etc for now ur just gonna worry yourself and plus uni is a gd 2 years away(im assuming ur 16 btw) take each day by day and just do the past papers and mark them with the correct answers,do not think about anything but the questions your given this way you will perform at ur best

lol uni is a few months away from me, im 19 and im retaking my maths GCSE because they are asking for a grade B in maths (i got a grade C before). im hoping to start working on some past paper tomorrow (also im in college btw)
Reply 48

Struggling on the last one.
Original post by Rajive
Struggling on the last one.

That is probably the hardest question out of all. Here are some hints:

If this does not help, ask for more

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey. Did you guys have a quadratic equation which simplifies to x^2 -360x +12800 = 0

Which gives you x = 320 or x = 40?????

Hopefully I am right!
Reply 51

Spoiler

Still a bit stuck;

Would it be 2x/360 X x/360 = 16/81
lol uni is a few months away from me, im 19 and im retaking my maths GCSE because they are asking for a grade B in maths (i got a grade C before). im hoping to start working on some past paper tomorrow (also im in college btw)

Oh sorry my bad

Is there anywhere you could put up the actual answers?

Spoiler

Reply 55
Original post by phat-chewbacca
Hey. Did you guys have a quadratic equation which simplifies to x^2 -360x +12800 = 0

Which gives you x = 320 or x = 40?????

Hopefully I am right!

Can you run me through your method?
hi guys, i just did the predicted past paper 1 for June 2016 and my predicted grade is still a C (its one mark more than what i did in my old exam 3 years ago).... ;-; i got one week to try and get 10 more points on my exam....
Can someone please message me who completely understands vectors please

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally I found maths easy to get an A or A* provided that you practice very hard beforehand on many different types of questions that may require you to think strategically to get the answer.
Original post by Cameronkirkbride
Can someone please message me who completely understands vectors please

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand them, but not sure how well I can explain it. I could try? :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending