The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Accommodation in Brighton

Hi, I was wondering which halls were the best in brighton? I heard Varley Park was great for partying which is quite important for me but I'll be studying at grand parade, is it really far from the centre? I really like the rooms, the price, ensuite and self catered, I was thinking of phoenix halls since they're the closest to grand parade but I really want to be surrounded by students and have a great time in halls, thanks
Hello, hope you're well, your best bet is to contact the accommodation office directly. There information can be found below. Barley Park is about a 15-20 minute bus ride from Grand Parade, there is a closer halls of residence to the grand parade campus called Phoenix Brewery, which are the most because they are directly opposite town. But this venue can only hold 300 students, so it can be difficult securing a place here.

The Barley Park residence can hold a lot more students, more information about halls of residence can be found at the homepage attached.

Tel 01273 644100 (ask to speak to the accommodation office)
[email protected]
https://www.brighton.ac.uk/living-here/brighton/brighton-accommodation/index.aspx

I hope this helps, best of luck with first year, you will have a blast.

Sophie Dickson
Senior Student Ambassador
University of Brighton
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by alienskyy
Hi, I was wondering which halls were the best in brighton? I heard Varley Park was great for partying which is quite important for me but I'll be studying at grand parade, is it really far from the centre? I really like the rooms, the price, ensuite and self catered, I was thinking of phoenix halls since they're the closest to grand parade but I really want to be surrounded by students and have a great time in halls, thanks

I'm literally trying to make this decision too!! What is swaying are you at the minute?
Reply 3
Doing an art foundation at city college does anyone know how to find accommodation in Brighton. Through the uni or not?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi

If you have a University of Brighton student number, you can apply for university-managed accommodation. If you would like to contact the Accommodation Office on 01273 644100 or [email protected] we can check your eligibility.

Cheers
Accommodation Team

Original post by ojacob13
Doing an art foundation at city college does anyone know how to find accommodation in Brighton. Through the uni or not?
I read that not all students will be able to live in halls of residence. What is the likely hood of getting a place?
Hi

About 70% of eligible students get into university accommodation :smile:

Thanks
Accommodation Team

Original post by chloekatrina
I read that not all students will be able to live in halls of residence. What is the likely hood of getting a place?
To be honest, in Brighton it doesn't matter where you will be based. It's a small enough city to get anywhere you need to get to so you won't have to miss out on any of the fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending