The Student Room Group

Core 1 is coming!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L0gical_2
For transformations, just think anything attached to the x does something weirder than expected (eg adding move it negative, and multiplying stretches it its reciprocal (3x scale factor 1/3). That's how I remember it anyway. Good luck! I'm doing OCR tomorrow too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! And good luck!
How did people find it?
I failed
Original post by LJohno2580
How did people find it?

Most disgusting paper I've ever done. I failed.
Original post by LJohno2580
How did people find it?

I managed to get an answer for everything but who knows if they're right, probably the hardest C1 I've seen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Deffo the hardest C1 paper so far
I cried throughout the exam and afterwards... I think I have left tear stains on the paper...
Reply 27
It was awful, that last 8 mark question.. Oh dear, I'm hoping for some method marks but not holding out much hope tbh! Core 1 is meant to be the easiest.. What on earth are C2 and stats going to be like!!
I got 245/6 for the area. i think or I might be remembering it wrong are of triangle was 40.333 i think and 0.5 for area of trapezium either that or i tripped up somewhere.
Reply 29
If anyone gets the mark-scheme for it could you please link it somewhere🤗

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Well, well, the exam today did go well for me! Just these two questions (AQA) that tricked me off!

Here are they - coming from my memory:
Question 6 - (a)(i)
(8-4x-2x^2)
I tried to factorise it but it doesn't work - neither does completing the square. However.... I was so stupid, my friend told me it was to do with the quadratic equation! The question even states 'in the form m√n - where m and n are integers'. Damn it. Lost two marks.
I didn't do (a)(ii) as I didn't have the time to finish it off due to working too much on (a)(i). Lost 2 marks.
Question (c), I had no idea.... lost 3 marks.

The integration question - it was really good! But the area in PQ and QR, my answer seemed to be different compared to other my friends' answers, so it's 50/50 out there.

Lastly, the length AT - I seemed to be ending up getting √41 however my friends get 9 (as an integer), so I had no idea whether if my answer was right. This question costs 3 marks.

So, I definitely lost 7 marks, which would be 67/75 (an easy A), but the other 6 marks - not sure if my answers are right, so I might be ending up getting 61/75, which would be a B. B or A, I'm satisfied.

How is it going guys?
AQA what did people get for the second part of the surd question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just had a look at the unofficial markscheme. Wish I hadn't...
My maths teacher printed the unofficial AQA mark scheme off for us today 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
the ocr C1 paper...what was that? do a past paper with half focused brain get almost 100% in like 30min then this paper i ran out of time:/

Quick Reply

Latest