The Student Room Group

How did you find the C1?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
The exam was more difficult than last years. Questions took a little longer to work through, numbers were less 'nice' and there were a couple of questions asked in different ways to normal. Overall, however, it was a good paper that will differentiate between candidates nicely. I would estimate 58/59 as the A boundary.

Original post by Valyrian
Just curious, is 68/67 out of 75 a 'secure' A grade? I made so many careless mistakes in that exam haha...

It is a secure A, yes.

Original post by Ives888
You know when you think you're really good at something and then someone decides to ask you completely irrelevant stuff about it? That was C1.

I usually get high 60s/low 70s, but that paper was absolutely vile and probably the worst one I've ever done.

How on earth do they get away with putting stuff in that isn't even in the textbook or on the specification?

Who's fault is this? Michael Gove and Nicky Morgan's. DOWN WITH THE TORIES!

There was nothing in the paper expecting you to use knowledge outside of the syllabus. Some ased you to apply it to a new situation, but that is fair game.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Easy, but I'm resitting. There were some nasty fractions to work with though.

universities dont allow resits uno
Original post by vintage456
it probably is, have you checked the unofficial mark scheme?

Yeah I did :smile:
Original post by imightplay12
universities dont allow resits uno

i think almost every uni accepts as resits not sure about a levels though
Well, I've probably failed it! :dry:
Relatively straight forward paper, only made difficult due to the lack of a calculator and copious amounts of top heavy fractions.
Reply 86
Overall id say it was average, they did not want to rehash questions that had already come up on past papers.But i do agree those fractions were like evil koalas
I'm okay at maths; not the best but not the worst. I was averaging about 68 on the past papers but judging from the unofficial mark scheme i reckon i got about 63-65/75. This was clearly harder then even the infamous 2015 but was not impossible; the discriminant question and the last part of the recurrence relations was having me tripping balls. Good luck to those sitting C2 next week!
Original post by aamir_greenlamp
i wish edexcel lubed me up before they ****ed me in the ass, loooong dick style

This 'aamir_greenlamp' sounds like a massive pussy
Original post by Conorewan
This 'aamir_greenlamp' sounds like a massive pussy

ly really bro

Haha wow, it wasn't that bad.

Last year everyone was complaining about C2 :biggrin:
Reply 91
I just resat my c1 exam. I was really confident and wasn't expecting this at all, it really did have a lot of surds that needed a calculator, seriously though this is the worst c1 paper ever, last years was better in my opinion. I don't think I can resit again which is so unfair.
Original post by Angus09
I reakon i got 72/75 lost 2 silly marks on sum to 100 and question before by adding 1 instead of 3, and then got n as 18 but forgot to put his birthday down :/

I also forgot to put the age down and was thrown off a bit on the simultaneous equation question. It was no where close to past papers. Seems like every question was distributed to different examiner who had a plan to make it harder and put the questions up in the most obscure way. Can only hope for the best in c2 now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Well over 4000 voters in this poll !
Reply 94
Original post by EricPiphany
Top hint:
In the drop down menu at the top of this page, choose 'Customize my TSR > Change my signature'.
Then type in the text-box 'Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'.
Then press 'Save signature', and you're done.

Baaaaaaa
Reply 95
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
Edexcel has never ****ed me harder.

Edexcel C1 rang me up yesterday night, we had been planning a date for 4 months now. So, C1 and me went for a stroll, we visted the pond in the 1 st question , we had dinner through question 3 till 6. Then he started to get drunk, oh C1...

He asked me to come up to his flat, i agreed. We went up into his room and to my suprise he had c2 c3 c4 s1 waiting in the bedroom so they could take turn ****ing me...

C1 stuck question 10 right up my ass, i've never felt so violated.

I thought it was well ez mate, reckon I gone and got 75/75 mate just need to use a calculator,. BAaaaaaaa
Reply 96
Original post by ahlam H
I just resat my c1 exam. I was really confident and wasn't expecting this at all, it really did have a lot of surds that needed a calculator, seriously though this is the worst c1 paper ever, last years was better in my opinion. I don't think I can resit again which is so unfair.

do it in your head you muppet Baaaaaaaa
Reply 97
Original post by dons178
59 will be an A 53 B

dunt matter m8 cois I got 75 anyway innit Baaaaaa
Original post by ezladz
Baaaaaaa

[video="youtube;QcE5aDTszrY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcE5aDTszrY[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending