The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Poetry predictions? Help..

Im SO BAD at poetry. Help xD
Does anyone have any ideas on what might be coming up this Monday?
Pretty sure that if i fail i will get disowned... help XD
Reply 1
Original post by disownedififail
Im SO BAD at poetry. Help xD
Does anyone have any ideas on what might be coming up this Monday?
Pretty sure that if i fail i will get disowned... help XD

Which cluster? Also, I thought poetry was on friday?
Original post by Lelanor
Which cluster? Also, I thought poetry was on friday?

I dont know... For my school we have our A View From The Bridge and Poetry on the same day.. :/
Reply 3
Yeah in the AQA literature exam we have one unseen poetry question and one question on a text you have studied, I'm doing Journey's End by RC Sherriff. For the unseen poetry, its hard to predict what poem is going to come up since there are so many they can choose from
Reply 4
Original post by disownedififail
I dont know... For my school we have our A View From The Bridge and Poetry on the same day.. :/

I was going to ask if you're sure you're doing aqa english literature beacuse A View From the Bridge isn't on the specification, and poetry (unit 2) is definitely on Friday, but I googled it and it seems like you might be doing IGCSE? In which case, I have no idea, sorry.
Reply 5
Original post by Salyhaha
Yeah in the AQA literature exam we have one unseen poetry question and one question on a text you have studied, I'm doing Journey's End by RC Sherriff. For the unseen poetry, its hard to predict what poem is going to come up since there are so many they can choose from

My teacher said it's likely to be a modern-ish poem (20th century) but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, just practice picking out the specific implicit meanings for a number of poems till it becomes second nature

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending