The Student Room Group

Official OCR Chemistry A F321 27th May June 2016

Hey everyone!
Couldn't find a thread on the Unit 1 Chemistry exam coming up on Friday for us resitters, so I decided to make one.
How is everyone feeling?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I feel quite good about this exam as im more prepared for it! However, last year I think i didn't do as well because i failed to understand the wording of the question. I hope this year it isnt that bad :cry:
Reply 2
Original post by shrsh
I feel quite good about this exam as im more prepared for it! However, last year I think i didn't do as well because i failed to understand the wording of the question. I hope this year it isnt that bad :cry:

Feeling pretty confident now that I've done A2 chemistry. Hopefully, it'll be a nice paper.
Original post by dash52
Feeling pretty confident now that I've done A2 chemistry. Hopefully, it'll be a nice paper.

I feel kinda confident about it, I still suck at answering stuff where you need to write like X(NO3)2 etc
I have a deep feeling that it'll be a hard ass paper which is scaring tf outta me
Is it only for us resitters?
Original post by Arie1239
Is it only for us resitters?

i think so, i think the year below us will have started a new specification
Reply 6
Any predictions on what might come up?
actually enjoyed this paper more than I did for last years
Reply 8
There were a few oddball questions but on the whole it was alright
Some trippy questions but was alright !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought that was quite a nice paper, even though i completely messed up the 5 mark question
The oxidation number of oxygen when bonded to fluorine in the textbook states you don't need to know it! Ocr still put it in!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
it was actually pretty simple. Flourine more electronegative and so -1, then = -2 for both and then o must be +2

I find that paper okay... was harder than most papers i've done and the main issue was time. In my past previous papers I could do it in 45 mins but this time I could barely finish, missing a couple questions. Oh well, I did alright anyway for AS, getting a B overall, so tbh I don't mind but I think that paper was challenging.
It was quite nice. Just the relative charges in a nitrogen atom threw me!
what was the minimum number of test tubes you could use and if you used more than the minimum amount do you automatically get zero marks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
I used two test tubes.
Bromine water + calcium iodide (turned purple)
Bromine water + barium chloride (turned orange)
Original post by Chesni556
It was quite nice. Just the relative charges in a nitrogen atom threw me!

Sorry what question was this i cant remember this question? please dont tell me the table at the start question 1 was based on a nitrogen atom. I thought is was subatomic particles :P
Reply 17
Original post by Ezexamsalltheway
Sorry what question was this i cant remember this question? please dont tell me the table at the start question 1 was based on a nitrogen atom. I thought is was subatomic particles :P

I think they meant the energy levels of the nitrogen sub-shells question underneath the table.
It was about the orbitals relative energies in a nitrogen atom
Original post by K3zz4
I think they meant the energy levels of the nitrogen sub-shells question underneath the table.

Thank the lord. Also since your here was there any ionisation questions. I cant remember ? Just worried I may of missed a page :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending