The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kat2905
It is never been that high for a grade c; usually around 25/30

That's what I thought exactly!
Original post by akwak
I think it was: find the shaded area, side lengths were both root 2 over 2, then the fraction of one side was root 3 over 3. I got 3 - root 6 over 12

Oh my god----- I wrote that, but then I thought ''what if I can simplify'' so I divided the 12 by the 3 and the 3 by 3 so what I wrote in the answer line was 1-root 6 over 4 oh my gosh I'm so annoyed!!! Should've just left it!!! :angry:
How many marks would be a secure A on this paper?
Original post by HaseebLone
Is there a link to it> Or have u not started to create it yet??

I haven't started to create it as nobody has given me any answers.
Original post by GrangeTech
How many marks would be a secure A on this paper?

75+
I wouldn't worry much about the questions with the * next to it since there's multiple ways of working out
Original post by Azzam240
I got 81 with harsh marking! What would the A* boundary be?????

people we're thinking 83 in both papers
Original post by LogicalFallacy

ok
is question 18, the fraction questions. didn't they ask to write it as a mixed number?
Original post by thecostacoffee
So if i got 85 marks on this paper, will i only need a minimum of around 75/76 to get an A* in the next paper?

Thats an estimate but i would say u need about 80 just incase :smile:
is question 18, the fraction questions. if so, didn't they ask to write it as a mixed number?

Start a foundation thread, if you haven't already? Not going to find many foundation-ers in the higher thread ;/
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PAPER GUYS: http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7..._mr_kibria.pdf
Can you please comment or reply to me and tell me what you got roughly? I got 75 out of 100
At harshest marking, I'm at 91 or 92 out of 100! I felt that paper was much better than last years exams!
:smile:
For the vectors question, I said S was part of a straight line and proved it as they were multiples, would I get any marks for that? I said the first section of the vector in terms of a and b and then the rest of the line and noticed when they were factorised, scalar multiples were present.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 34908seikj
Start a foundation thread, if you haven't already? Not going to find many foundation-ers in the higher thread ;/

Good idea. I shall leave it to somebody else, if they would like.
anybody got mark scheme for foundation maths paper?
Harshly marked, think i got 86
Could you possibly put the number of marks for each question in the second half?
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

This will be updated as I go along.

Spoiler

can you please explain the last question? any idea for the grade boundaries?
75+? Wasn't it's 126 last year for an A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending