The Student Room Group

10 hour revsion?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abirella
That's ****ed up dude. I really don't think you should be rude to her.
She was just trying to help and was telling you it is bad for you.

Thank you!:smile:
Original post by theBranicAc
an you an idiot? when did i ever said i did 10 hours? i just made a post to get people opinion it doesn't mean i will acctually do it

If you ever want a second opinion, there is a POSSIBILTY that you will go ahead with this idea. How the hell am I meant to know if you are going to do it or not? I am only trying to help you by giving you advice, and all you do is call me an idiot?

At least I can spell! By the way you said '10 hours' in the title!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shaunnaob
I'm going to throw one out there and say yes. My personal revision tactic is to basically slack off all year, get up at about 10am the day before my exam, stick the telly on, grab snacks and revise all day until its time to go to bed and it's not failed me yet (on track for A*A*A at A-Level).
BY NO MEANS AM I SAYING THIS METHOD WORKS FOR EVERYONE OR IS EVEN A GOOD IDEA AT ALL.
I'm just pointing out that different methods can work for different people, all you can do is try

I do practically the same thing as you, but I am doing gcse's. You must be really clever doing this at A-level and getting amazing grades! I have heard that cramming may work for gcse's, but not for a-levels. I would be too scared to do this, but you still get really good grades so well done!
Best of luck I hope you achieve what you want at A-level!:biggrin:
Also I don't know about you but I actually prefer cramming to revising throughout the year. Do you think this motivates you more?
Original post by sunshine774
I do practically the same thing as you, but I am doing gcse's. You must be really clever doing this at A-level and getting amazing grades! I have heard that cramming may work for gcse's, but not for a-levels. I would be too scared to do this, but you still get really good grades so well done!
Best of luck I hope you achieve what you want at A-level!:biggrin:
Also I don't know about you but I actually prefer cramming to revising throughout the year. Do you think this motivates you more?

Yeah it 100% motivates me more. I've got quite a good short term memory so I tend to find through cramming the day before I retain full quotes of info that I'd struggle to remember long term. I'm honestly not that clever but I've chosen A-Levels that suit me best so have probably had an advantage over people who took subjects just because it loos good/ it's what everyone else is doing (I know this is the case for psychology with a lot of my friends)
And here's me with just doing 45 minutes a day lmfao.
Yeah it 100% motivates me more. I've got quite a good short term memory so I tend to find through cramming the day before I retain full quotes of info that I'd struggle to remember long term. I'm honestly not that clever but I've chosen A-Levels that suit me best so have probably had an advantage over people who took subjects just because it loos good/ it's what everyone else is doing (I know this is the case for psychology with a lot of my friends)

What A-levels do you do?:smile:
Original post by sunshine774
What A-levels do you do?:smile:

English Language, Media and Film (Studying TV& Film at uni)
I did drama in my first year but actually found that more difficult than even English (as well as the fact the practical work is very time-consuming, I had to be off timetable for a week to rehearse last year only a few weeks before my exams)

Funny story is, my best GCSES were actually in Science/Maths. On my first day of college I was set to be doing Geography, Maths, Biology & Physics but had a massive change of heart (had been doing work experience at a local media company and teaching drama) and decided to go down a more creative route.
English Language, Media and Film (Studying TV& Film at uni)
I did drama in my first year but actually found that more difficult than even English (as well as the fact the practical work is very time-consuming, I had to be off timetable for a week to rehearse last year only a few weeks before my exams)

Funny story is, my best GCSES were actually in Science/Maths. On my first day of college I was set to be doing Geography, Maths, Biology & Physics but had a massive change of heart (had been doing work experience at a local media company and teaching drama) and decided to go down a more creative route.

They sound like very interesting A-levels! I am glad that you changed your mind at the last minute because I know so many people who regret their a- level choices- like you said they choose subjects that 'look good' and not ones in which they are interested in or excel in. I am thinking of doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics next year and I really can't wait!
Best of luck for the future!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest