The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 1 06/06/16

I thought I would start an official thread since the exam is approaching....

How is revision going guys...and how many topics are you learning?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
I thought I would start an official thread since the exam is approaching....

How is revision going guys...and how many topics are you learning?

heya. i studied unit 1.1 democracy and 1.4 pressure groups (i wonder if its safe to study just two units for unit 1) and all units for unit 2. im also doing the american topic for A2. im on the fast track A levels if that makes any sense to you.
Reply 2
Original post by Audrey18
heya. i studied unit 1.1 democracy and 1.4 pressure groups (i wonder if its safe to study just two units for unit 1) and all units for unit 2. im also doing the american topic for A2. im on the fast track A levels if that makes any sense to you.

Yeah it does basically doing AS & A2 in 1 Year!!!

Thats a lot of work lol...hows it all going? Have you got all your revision done.

I would advise learning 3 for Unit 1 incase the question is really horrible!
@xxvine hi. well im kinda trying my best to cope. how have you been faring? all good? tell us more. like your study strategy, if you found the core textbooks useful, has this forum been anything but helpful, how many topics are u studying for each unit and what are they? which options are you doing for A2? lets keep this thread going.
Hi guys , I've got mock exams coming up next week and I've been through all of the past past papers ... Does any know the questions for both unit 1 and 2 for June 2015?If so please reply ASAP
Hi, does anyone in this thread have decent notes For either Unit 1 or 2 and wouldn't mind sharing? My notes are such a mess and I'm having such a hard time structuring my revision for this subject 😩
Original post by King Geedorah
Hi, does anyone in this thread have decent notes For either Unit 1 or 2 and wouldn't mind sharing? My notes are such a mess and I'm having such a hard time structuring my revision for this subject 😩

these are missing the pressure groups and judiciary topics but otherwise complete
Reply 7
Original post by King Geedorah

why are people acting like the exam is in 2 weeks

we have like 3 full months
Reply 8
I have done no proper revision yet :frown:

It will start soon though.
Reply 9
Original post by willsmith410
these are missing the pressure groups and judiciary topics but otherwise complete

Thank you these notes really help
Reply 10
Surely mire people are doing this exam?

Anyway I am going to learn democracy, Elections and pressure groups for unit 1,
parliament, pm and constitution for unit 2
Original post by xxvine
Surely mire people are doing this exam?

Anyway I am going to learn democracy, Elections and pressure groups for unit 1,
parliament, pm and constitution for unit 2

Same! I may revise all four chapters for unit two however...
anyone else disappointed with the course? perhaps it's just how i am being taught but I was really looking forward to this subject last year. Find it difficult to motivate myself to revise, anyone else have that issue?
Original post by espicton98
anyone else disappointed with the course? perhaps it's just how i am being taught but I was really looking forward to this subject last year. Find it difficult to motivate myself to revise, anyone else have that issue?

you need to have interest to get yourself started on the topics in govt and politics. if you don't possess the drive then you can do good if you have really excellent notes from someone so all you gotta do is just memorize the content and replicate it in the exams.
Reply 14
Original post by Audrey18
you need to have interest to get yourself started on the topics in govt and politics. if you don't possess the drive then you can do good if you have really excellent notes from someone so all you gotta do is just memorize the content and replicate it in the exams.

how's your revision going? What stage are you on?
Reply 15
How much revision do you guys reckon I need to be doing a week to get a top grade?
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone got notes on pressure groups
Original post by willsmith410

Much Appreciated! Thank You!
Reply 18
Have you guys made all your notes
Original post by xxvine
Have you guys made all your notes

Nope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending