The Student Room Group

Philosophy or psychology?

I am taking this September-
History
Economics
Psychology

I was wondering if I should swap psychology for philosophy as I wondered Which is more valued in universities?? Essay writing is not a problem for me (As I am weird and enjoy that) neither is memorising so just would like your perspective on each course, thank you (:
Original post by miaofcourse
I am taking this September-
History
Economics
Psychology

I was wondering if I should swap psychology for philosophy as I wondered Which is more valued in universities?? Essay writing is not a problem for me (As I am weird and enjoy that) neither is memorising so just would like your perspective on each course, thank you (:

Psychology is a science so I'd imagine that would be the more respected. I can only speak about Psych but I love it! Plus essay structure is very important so if you're good at remembering studies and structures you'll do great :smile:

At the end of the day do the one you think you'l enjoy most. Read through the specs etc and decide. I'd take Psychology over Philosophy any day but it's up to you.

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 2
Yes psychology is probably more respected by universities as it holmes in on science, research methods and studies all in one which is a great package to adapt to most other courses as uni!

Quick Reply

Latest