The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Is it bad that I'm feeling worse after this exam than i did after all my FP exams last year?
image.jpgI ended up with this.. Where did I go wrong
Reply 522
I cried like a little girl after that.. 6ft full beard and I wept.

I was getting a between 50-60 on all past papers and got maybe 20 marks from that...

I don't get why AQA made it like that... I know I'm not a or a* student but I prepared enough for a B and now bye bye uni
Original post by Arima
what did everyone get for exact value of cosx in the last question? trigonometrical identites are usually my strong points but couldn't do it for some reason. didn't look too bad at first but then i filled out 2 pages full of scribbles and failure and then my time ran out with another 9 marks down the drain

secx-tanx = -5
secx+tanx=-0.2

Add them together

2secx=-5.2
secx=-13/5
cosx=-5/13
I think 55 for an A is reasonable
Just reading through this and I'm like "nope, didnt get that. nope, didnt get that either"
Reply 526
Original post by bartbarrow
secx-tanx = -5
secx+tanx=-0.2

Add them together

2secx=-5.2
secx=-13/5
cosx=-5/13

oh!!!! god I'm so silly thank you
Guys, is it possible to retake A2s???
What answer did you get for the volume of revolution question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 529

I got f(X) =< 8ln8 -8 too. How many marks was this? Please say it was worth 50. I need an A
Original post by Pablo Picasso
It will never been 60 for an A*. Maths is the most subscribed subject for AQA , inevitably with students skewing the grade boundaries.

Add 3 to each, then it'll a be more sensible prediction. Saying that, it was not a hard paper.

Lol you're such a troll it's hilarious.
Original post by Parhomus
Pretty sure x^2>>mod so it was my answer but after this exam I have no clue. Was getting 100% in my c3 but that test was a disgrace.

Nvm just realised I messed that up too.
Original post by hish11
Got straight A*/A students saying they dropped 15 marks, at least.
Reckon
a*-61- 58 (-17ish marks)
a-57 - 55 (-19ish marks)
b-55 - 53 (-21ish marks)
c-51 - 49 (-25ish marks)
d-47 - 46 (-28ish marks)

No one cares about your stupid predictions. Stop trolling - people are obv upset. And to the dumb **** who said it's never been lower than 60 for an A* it has - it's been 58 before. Here is a genuine prediction:

55 - A*
50 - A
45 - B
40 - C
38 - D
34- E
Original post by CMP100Em
Did anyone get gg(x)=x^4?

I got gg(x) = x

Wasn't g(x) = 1/x

?
Original post by Arima
oh!!!! god I'm so silly thank you

It was a tricky question, something I only noticed at the very end (didn't get part a). It was a bit mean that they didn't have a "show that cosx=-5/13" so that at least you could do part c.

Original post by Cascadess
I got gg(x) = xWasn't g(x) = 1/x?

Yes, gg(x) = x
Look, AQA will not drastically change the grade boundaries. If it was that hard, it wouldn't have been chosen for this year's paper. What they are trying to do, is stop thousands of student who simply do past papers and get A*s, without knowing the actual content. If this is one of you, you do not deserve to go to pass. The question about range, merely requirement simple mathematical ingenuity. Looking beyond this, the content was nothing but fundamental AQA Maths knowledge.

Cool story
Original post by bartbarrow
I'm sorry to disappoint but it would be highly unlikely for an A to be 50. It was a tricky paper but the previous grades were:
June 15 - 57
June 14 - 59
June 13 - 60
Jan 13 - 63

If it were 50 we would be talking about 6 marks difference from past years.

well i'm ****ed
Look, AQA will not drastically change the grade boundaries. If it was that hard, it wouldn't have been chosen for this year's paper. What they are trying to do, is stop thousands of student who simply do past papers and get A*s, without knowing the actual content. If this is one of you, you do not deserve to go to pass. The question about range, merely requirement simple mathematical ingenuity. Looking beyond this, the content was nothing but fundamental AQA Maths knowledge.

Are you legit having a laugh?
Original post by mattyt307
I got x<-6 x>3 and 1<x<2 lol

Same I'm pretty sure that's right
How did you get -32.4? I got -81.7 or something like that
Original post by Busted838
Unofficial Mark Scheme

1. differentiation

2. numerical methods =1.51

3. 1<<x>>2 x>>3 x<<-6

4. stretch in x factor 1/2 flowed by translation (2.5,0)
4b. i got point A(2e^-2+2,0) B(0,e+e^-1) line of intersection as y-e^-1=-e(x-2)/2 (couldnt put into form they wanted)

5. f(x)<<8ln(8)-8 and gg(x)=x

6. pi(4-ln(9)-(ln(3))^2)

7. ?

8. 117/244

9. cos(x)=-5/13
9b. -32.4, -21.3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending