The Student Room Group

Nottingham or Leeds or Exeter

Which is best for economics as a degree, and future prospects in life
Reply 1
LEEDS. Cracking city, cracking campus, cracking SU, cracking pub crawl.
Reply 2
Nottingham
Leeds really is great. I 100% agree to that. Great education , Great city.
Reply 4
Nottingham because when you want to progress into having a career, both Leeds and Exeter are seen as inferior to Nottingham and I believe that Nottingham is the only semi target on the list

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by mercieo
Nottingham because when you want to progress into having a career, both Leeds and Exeter are seen as inferior to Nottingham and I believe that Nottingham is the only semi target on the list

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I'd be more competitive with a degree at nottingham then?
Reply 6
Original post by Shumaya
Nottingham

Any specfic reason
Reply 7
Funnily enough I'm just comparing between the three. Based on entry requirements and CUG league tables...

Nottingham is the best, Exeter a very close second and Leeds a close third.

I'd apply for either Nottingham/Exeter (AAA) and Leeds (AAB)
Reply 8
Exeter and Nottingham are at a similar level. Leeds further behind.
Reply 9
Original post by JMEisjames
So I'd be more competitive with a degree at nottingham then?

Yes - because recruiters recognise Nottingham to be a more prestigious uni than Exeter or Leeds. Btw, im not making it up, an award for being the best up and coming talent hosted by Freshminds completely ignores Exeter and Leeds as it doesn't see them as prestigious enough…but it's your choice! Many employers still prefer to employ prestige over other Russell groups

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nottingham for career prospects, it isn't a target but a semi-target. Leeds isn't a target at all. While Nottingham ensures an arguable successful future, it also has cracking night life and an amazing campus.
Career prospects for Exeter and Nottingham would be about the same. They would look at the CV equally. It is more about where you would want to study for 3 years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending