The Student Room Group

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Owensmith16
Not doubting you mate, you're probably right, but how do you know? We got told you need 90 ums for all core modules and dm about S1/2/M1/2

He's right, in other a level subjects you need 90% average in your A2 modules but for maths you need 90% average in C3/C4 and all your UMS must also be above 480 UMS. You don't need 90% in C1 and C2. If you go on the Edexcel website you can try find it as I am sure it is also there.
Not doubting you mate, you're probably right, but how do you know? We got told you need 90 ums for all core modules and dm about S1/2/M1/2

False. 180 across C3 and C4, 480 across 6 modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laws8oy
Hi guys I reckon i got between 64 and 67, what range of ums is that?
Thanks x

Realistically looking at about 87-93 ums, depending on where A* lies. I haven't seen the paper yet, so will give a more accurate prediction tomorrow, but judging from the reaction, A* will be around 65/66, potentially 67. Can't see it going higher or lower than that tbh.
Original post by Princepieman
False. 180 across C3 and C4, 480 across 6 modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay good, that's great news, I've probably misunderstood my teacher, cheers man.

Probably higher chance of getting A* now, great
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1924
If i wrote -5ln(...) for the last part of Q9 instead of +5ln(...) how many marks would i lose? Providing the inside of the ln(..) is correct?

That is not true :redface:

For an A* overall, you need 480 UMS and 180 or more from C3 and C4. There's nothing about core modules, you could get 80 in C3, 100 in C4, 100 in S1, 100 in S2 and then 50 in C1 and C2 and you would still get an A*.

And it certainly doesn't have to be 90 or more in both C3 and C4 - you can get 80/100, 85/95, 89/91 etc. (My combination was 100/84).
Reply 1926
Original post by SturtScooby
YES!!! Been trying to remember what that questions was, and what I put on it. Good to finally see someone with a similar answer.

Aha me too. did u guys use quadratic formula to get it?
Original post by SeanFM
That is not true :redface:

For an A* overall, you need 480 UMS and 180 or more from C3 and C4. There's nothing about core modules, you could get 80 in C3, 100 in C4, 100 in S1, 100 in S2 and then 50 in C1 and C2 and you would still get an A*.

And it certainly doesn't have to be 90 or more in both C3 and C4 - you can get 80/100, 85/95, 89/91 etc. (My combination was 100/84).

The fact you got 100 and 84 gives me hope haha, I had a weak exam. Will need high 90s in C4 :s-smilie: (the module I like less as well)
Original post by David_Waddell
unofficial mark scheme?

Everyone's agreed on this so far - I have workings for some questions throughout the thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4178403
How many marks was the dy/dx smaller than 0 question?
Original post by Music With Rocks
The fact you got 100 and 84 gives me hope haha, I had a weak exam. Will need high 90s in C4 :s-smilie: (the module I like less as well)

Exactly :tongue: it's not ideal but at least you know that it is still possible :h:
How was this paper vs last year?

and what are we expecting c4 to be like?
Original post by joodaa
How many marks was the dy/dx smaller than 0 question?

2 marks I think ..
Original post by SeanFM
Exactly :tongue: it's not ideal but at least you know that it is still possible :h:

Very true, a chance is all I need :smile: I had better get to work then!

I am hanging on by the skin of my teeth to my offer right now haha
Does anyone know if there's a list of how many marks each question and part was worth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Music With Rocks
Very true, a chance is all I need :smile: I had better get to work then!

I am hanging on by the skin of my teeth to my offer right now haha

Good luck :rave: I know just how stressful it is :redface:
Rough grade boundary guides. Was defiantly a harder paper 65for A* or less??? Thoughts pls
Original post by TheMathsMan
2 marks I think ..

How confident would you say you are? I cant remember if was 2 marks or 3marks
what was question 5
Original post by joodaa
How confident would you say you are? I cant remember if was 2 marks or 3marks

Fairly confident ... I believe the first part was 5 marks and the second part was 2 marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending