The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reda2
I have attached a question, please let me know the answer. Its a very simple question. How do you know when to use ln method or normal method, where you add power then integrate.

ooo.PNG

You cant do something to the power of 0
What areas equation do we need to know, for example, surface area of sphere, volume of sphere, volume of cone, what else? Im talking about the differentiation questions.
Original post by Reda2
What areas equation do we need to know, for example, surface area of sphere, volume of sphere, volume of cone, what else? Im talking about the differentiation questions.

There really aren't many. Trapezium maybe? The surface areas are all just made of rectangles, triangles and circles as well anyway.
Original post by metrize

Yes you can, anything to the power of 0 = 1
Original post by metrize

Its to power of -1, and its linear, so we use the 1/x standard integral which is ln blah blah
Original post by Katiee224
Yes you can, anything to the power of 0 = 1

look at question, power is -1, so its the same as the previous ln shown in attachment
Reply 3186
Original post by Reda2

yes
Original post by TriggaNigga
is it possible to get 100UMS in C4

nope, 60ums is max.:colonhash:
reda2

It would imply that the derivative of a constant is something to the power -1.
I haven't managed to do all of the past papers for C4 as I've been so busy with everything else. I'm not super worried because I feel fairly comfortable with everything but I need to be as efficient as possible tomorrow and make it as useful as possible (I have to focus on bio tonight), any suggestions as to what I should do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3190
Thought this might be useful for C4 revision.
Original post by J32796
nope, 60ums is max.:colonhash:

not true! I got 97 UMS in c4 last year! Thought I had 100 but turned out I made 1 small silly mistake in the easier questions :'(
Reply 3192
Original post by pineneedles
I haven't managed to do all of the past papers for C4 as I've been so busy with everything else. I'm not super worried because I feel fairly comfortable with everything but I need to be as efficient as possible tomorrow and make it as useful as possible (I have to focus on bio tonight), any suggestions as to what I should do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have uploaded a pdf to show questions from previous exam papers. Dependable(?) questions: Binomial expansion, vectors, implicit differentiation, partial fractions.
Original post by hdey
I have uploaded a pdf to show questions from previous exam papers. Dependable(?) questions: Binomial expansion, vectors, implicit differentiation, partial fractions.

Okay, thank you, I'll take a look :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3194
Okay, thank you, I'll take a look :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here it is! :wink:
Original post by hdey
Here it is! :wink:

This is actually so sick man

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in a similar position, I've done the first two Gold papers today and I'll do the third and fourth tomorrow. I only found out about them the other day before C3 and they were great for revision :smile:
Original post by somevirtualguy
I'm in a similar position, I've done the first two Gold papers today and I'll do the third and fourth tomorrow. I only found out about them the other day before C3 and they were great for revision :smile:

Thanks for teaching me about them too now.
Am I being completely stupid here? I have no idea where the mark scheme is getting the limits in part b) as root 2 and 0, and also it seems they may be missing a t^2? either way I'm very confused about part b if anyone could help C4 capture 3.JPG
Attachment not found
Original post by Alby1234
Am I being completely stupid here? I have no idea where the mark scheme is getting the limits in part b) as root 2 and 0, and also it seems they may be missing a t^2? either way I'm very confused about part b if anyone could help C4 capture 3.JPG
Attachment not found

It's the t values you're integrating between, remember. From part a you've worked out that t=0 corresponds to 'the point on the right' and t = root 2 corresponds to 'the point on the left'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending