The Student Room Group

VOTE LEAVE ,EU Referendum -18+ and are undecided?

Scroll to see replies

Greece for now... France and Italy next. Also Ireland got bailed out.. As a catholic northern Irish person even I am siding with the British on this one. We must vote leave.
Original post by AccountingBabe
I'm happy to allow free movement if it means we can create trade deals with the world... Better than our current situation.

But no we won't have to accept free movement to get free trade because the power is on our side.

Why do you think Norway is in the EEA and not making trade deals with other countries in the world? We're free to trade with whoever we like. We still trade with many other countries. In fact I believe we only sell 44% of our exports to the EU. Now that's saying something
Original post by cbreef
If you're referring to Greece, they should have never joined the EU in the first place. Their economy was already a mess. And when the financial crisis came around, matters were made worse for them.

Italy and France are debt traps at the moment they can never out grow their debt and are already in the process of filing for national bankruptcy.
Original post by cbreef
Why do you think Norway is in the EEA and not making trade deals with other countries in the world? We're free to trade with whoever we like. We still trade with many other countries. In fact I believe we only sell 44% of our exports to the EU. Now that's saying something

Norway does make its own trade deals with the world... And they are worth more than the EUs trade deals outside so.... Speaks volumes.
Greece for now... France and Italy next. Also Ireland got bailed out.. As a catholic northern Irish person even I am siding with the British on this one. We must vote leave.

France is the 6th largest economy in the world, just behind us actually. Their debt to GDP ratio is fairly similar to ours, if not better. So they're doing ok. Their economy isn't doing that badly
Original post by cbreef

Norway has deals with China and Canada.
Original post by Chloe_bellz
Norway has deals with China and Canada.

So do we...? We only sell 44% of our exports to the EU. A lot of people seem to forget our relationship with the US and China etc. We're buying more than 120 F-35B's from the US for example
(edited 7 years ago)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/france-is-totally-bankrupt-french-jobs-minister-michel-sapin-embarrasses-francois-hollande-with-8471077.html

I'm sorry but France just tried to restructure its job market and failed because of protesting and riots... It will never out grow its debt.
lol take your own pen, and vote leave!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/france-is-totally-bankrupt-french-jobs-minister-michel-sapin-embarrasses-francois-hollande-with-8471077.html

I'm sorry but France just tried to restructure its job market and failed because of protesting and riots... It will never out grow its debt.

Neither will we lol. You can't go blaming the EU for our deficit. That's our own fault.
@Chloe_bellz Norway sells 74.3% of it's exports to the EU lol. And that figure is straight from the European Commission's website
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cbreef
Neither will we lol.
@Chloe_bellz Norway sells 74.3% of it's exports to the EU lol

You said it didn't have any agreements outside the EU-I only mentioned that it did.
Original post by Chloe_bellz
You said it didn't have any agreements outside the EU-I only mentioned that it did.

I did not say that. I said Norway is part of the EEA (European Economic Area) and still has to accept free movement of people just like us and pay a contribution to the EU Budget. I'd imagine Norway trades a lot with it's neighbours, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and the like which are all in the EU. Btw Finland has the best education system on earth (as of 2012, might've changed since then but it's still easily the best in Europe). Not affected by the EU whatsoever
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not saying leaving the EU is going to hurt us badly, but I just don't see the point in leaving. It's good for the economy, defence, influence and the like. When stuff is going badly, don't blame it on the EU. Blame it on the government you muppets elected for a second time. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending