The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

How many marks was the volume integration question?
Does anyone remember how many marks each question was worth??
Anyone remember the equation for the implicit diff?
What do you need to get an A* in maths ? I have a feeling I got 95-100% in C4 today but in C3 I got 80-85%. If those percentages were converted into UMS, would I I get an A* ? I also have 265 UMS at AS aswell.
What was question 5?
Original post by jakelong1001
I got +70 aswell, not sure why

(22+pi) / 8
anyone show me a solution for 3 i completely failed it
Original post by Zuzuvela
The misprint was on question 6. It said

Question 6:

(i) ........

(ii) (a) .........

In actual fact the (a) should have been before the (i)

It has no effect on anything though, it would be nice to get a mark or two for noticing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not a misprint. They had a similar thing on FP2 this year and it's been written that way in other years
Original post by M3WIZARD
Yeah that makes sense :smile: Well Im happy about this C4 exam!

yeah same! could not have asked for better, I was worried it was gonna have some hideous vectors and was so happy when I saw the vectors weren't like completely out of this world lol
Original post by BellaKa
Shdnt q6 be 4pi/3 - root3/2 ? As i rmb it's 4(pi/3 -root3/8) fro the previous step?

wasn't lambda=16? then when you changed it to cos2x it became 8 outside the integral?
Ahh, how many marks for that decay question? I ****ed it up
Original post by HoldtheDoor
Yes, your more likley correct, stupid me forgot to take it away from 180...
[EDIT] Wait so did you make the same mistake as me by not taking away from 180?

Ah. Nope I did get the acute angle, I just didn't know whether you were supposed to get it using +4/5 or -4/5.
Original post by EastGuava
But 180 - obtuse angle = acute angle

Yeah but it said theta is the acute angle, so you need to get cos(the acute angle) = 0.8
What did everyone get for question 9) I got y = 32(1 + ln(x))^2
hey guys, i made some really stupid mistakes and think i only got 64/75 on C4. if i also got about 71/75 on C3 whats the likelihood of this being A*?
How many marks was the implicit differentiation question?
Original post by Danllo
What do you need to get an A* in maths ? I have a feeling I got 95-100% in C4 today but in C3 I got 80-85%. If those percentages were converted into UMS, would I I get an A* ? I also have 265 UMS at AS aswell.

A* is 480 UMS or more overall from 6 units, plus 180 or more UMS from C3 and C4 combined. This can be 90 and 90, 88 and 92, even 80 and 100. There is no requirement to get above 90 in both. If you're right about what you've got then you should be fine.
Original post by Student403
Yeah but it said theta is the acute angle, so you need to get cos(the acute angle) = 0.8

Ohh okay, glad I didn't change it then
How many marks was the differential equation question? I wrote t as the subject. I got lnx = -2/5 t + ln60, but then I rearranged it to t = -2/5 ln(60/x) ... how many marks will i Lose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending