The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 D2 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Lol learnt Ch 1 and simplex tableu so far.
What normally carries the most marks in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can be skimpy on a lot of stuff but Dynamic Programming and Game Theory tend to be quite hench mark-wise.
Cheers lads much appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers lads much appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you only start learning it now or what
Original post by fpmaniac
Did you only start learning it now or what

Yeh did abit of Ch 1 yesterday. Then been doing it since afternoon today lol.
Gna be a fun noght. Probably wont sleep tonight mast exam. Need a C to get A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh did abit of Ch 1 yesterday. Then been doing it since afternoon today lol.
Gna be a fun noght. Probably wont sleep tonight mast exam. Need a C to get A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What book you got? The D2 book (not the heinmann one) is easier imo but too late now i guess. Also, how can you get an A* with a C in D2
What book you got? The D2 book (not the heinmann one) is easier imo but too late now i guess. Also, how can you get an A* with a C in D2

I got the normal edexcel one massive fat ting.
Well majority of my pures FP and mechanics are at 100 or near 100 (bar m5 which i probs got 80) so i need a low grade for a third A* in AFM. Which is what i need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got the normal edexcel one massive fat ting.
Well majority of my pures FP and mechanics are at 100 or near 100 (bar m5 which i probs got 80) so i need a low grade for a third A* in AFM. Which is what i need.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need 90%+ average in your A2 units to get A*. So I would aim for higher in D2 if I were you.
You need 90%+ average in your A2 units to get A*. So I would aim for higher in D2 if I were you.

No you don't. You need 270/300 in 3 A2 modules for FM and AFM.
I have 95 FP2 100 M2 FP3 96 or skmething done last year
This year 100 M3/4 and a minimum of a B in S3/M5 so no i don't need higher in D2 as I meet the A* criteria I just have to meet the 480 UMS overall criteria.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No you don't. You need 270/300 in 3 A2 modules for FM and AFM.
I have 95 FP2 100 M2 FP3 96 or skmething done last year
This year 100 M3/4 and a minimum of a B in S3/M5 so no i don't need higher in D2 as I meet the A* criteria I just have to meet the 480 UMS overall criteria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but I said 90% assuming you are only doing 3 A2 modules. Why are you doing 6 A2 modules?
Yeah but I said 90% assuming you are only doing 3 A2 modules. Why are you doing 6 A2 modules?

Because I am doing further additional maths so I end up doing all the modules for each unit.
A thrud a level in maths that is ontop of maths and further maths so rearranging becomes rather nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asurat
If you're given a network it's normally straightforward. I don't know if this is too helpful but:
Otherwise Stage is normally either

Option 1

Spoiler

Option 2

Spoiler

Are these the only two?
If you have a degenerate solution, do you have to fill a 0 into one of the cells before beginning the stepping-stone method? And if so, which cell do you choose? I know it makes no impact on initial cost, but surely it would make a difference when you're working out the improvement indices?
Original post by mxixbl
We're on the same page hahah, you resitting fp1?

definitely next year
Lol.
Have you done past papers? I hardly have

all of them and some of the aqa and old spec ones
Original post by JoshC98
If you have a degenerate solution, do you have to fill a 0 into one of the cells before beginning the stepping-stone method? And if so, which cell do you choose? I know it makes no impact on initial cost, but surely it would make a difference when you're working out the improvement indices?

doesnt matter which one
Also, if I got 98 in FP1, 87 in S1, 98 in S2, 92 in S3, and 65 in FP2, am I right in saying that I need 80 UMS on this exam to get the A*?
Original post by KloppOClock
doesnt matter which one

<3 ty
Anyone quick....... Page 156 D2 book, why do they add 4 to every value in the game
Anyone quick....... Page 156 D2 book, why do they add 4 to every value in the game

Because all the elements have to be > 0. -3 is the most negative element so therefore 4 has to be added. It's just part of the method.
Okay, you've just finished your D2 paper with 15 minutes left to spare, which question to do want to double check through thoroughly if you only have time for one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending