The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Year 0 at Carmel College

Hey,

I'm starting a Maths degree with year 0 at Carmel College in September. Does anyone know if we receive a recognisable qualification from year 0?

They sent me the registration pack and asked me to pick 3 modules, 2 being maths. I don't know which other one to choose, physics or IT. I haven't studied either beyond GCSE and have no idea of the module content. Does anyone know where we can find out? I emailed the lady but she didn't reply....

Thanks,

Zak

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:bump:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
the foundation year at carmel college is only recognised as a qualification at the univerisity of liverpool. no where else. hope this helps.
by the way, im also studying at carmel college next year
Reply 3
i'm off to carmel next to study the foundation to health studies course. just wondering are you guys staying in halls in the city or opting for something closer to st helens?
I'm at carmel too this september, doing biological sciences and staying in Europa halls
Reply 5
Original post by DudettePuddin
I'm at carmel too this september, doing biological sciences and staying in Europa halls

How much is costing you to live there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am studying Chemical Sciences there! I'm not sure which options to take either I have to take Chemistry, and I want to take maths, just not sure of the other two! Plus, I don't know if we have accommodation on the Liverpool Uni site OR we have to find our own accommodation!
I am a science tutor in the St Helens area.

I have tutored Year 0 students from Carmel College/University of Liverpool, including those on the medicine/dentistry/veterinary programme.

Fantastic course and a great opportunity but if you need extra help please PM me. The biology, chemistry and biochemistry can be a lot to get your head around, especially for mature students/students who have been out of education for a while.
Original post by DudettePuddin

I'll be doing biological sciences too for year 0, super nervous haha
Original post by dawood22
I've just completed this year. Last year I had a lot of unanswered questions that no one could answer so this year i'm trying to help, if you've got any questions let me know

Which halls did you live in? I'm not applying for a Foundation Year, though.
Reply 10
Applied for Crown place and vine court but I got given Philharmonic court

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hi everyone i was just curious what the requirements are exactly for the level 0 ? I was hoping to apply for veterinary science but I don't have As level chemistry. I will have the level 3 diploma in animal management at DDD next September but that is not enough. Anyone else in the same boat ?
Original post by Gleigh19
Hi everyone i was just curious what the requirements are exactly for the level 0 ? I was hoping to apply for veterinary science but I don't have As level chemistry. I will have the level 3 diploma in animal management at DDD next September but that is not enough. Anyone else in the same boat ?

If you go the university of Liverpool website and look at the course 'Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies' it says the exact requirements. It's probably a good idea to email admissions about your application and whether you would be eligible for a place. It does says it's not for school leavers so I would recommend speaking to them directly.

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/foundation-to-health-studies-year-0/entry-requirements/
I've just completed this year. Last year I had a lot of unanswered questions that no one could answer so this year i'm trying to help, if you've got any questions let me know

Do you know how lenient they were with people who didn't meet the entry requirements?
Original post by MischaVP
Do you know how lenient they were with people who didn't meet the entry requirements?

I had international qualifications which were almost equivalent to GCSE and my grades were satisfactory but they still offered me a place . Not sure if they are but what I feel is that they judged me on the personal statement as compared to the grades I had .

How long are the days? Are they like normal sixth form days as in 9-4 or more like actual uni days?
I will be starting the Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Year 0) in September to go onto dentistry. Is anyone else doing the same? Also, I will be moving to Liverpool from Birmingham and curious if anyone is looking for a room to rent? x
Good luck! I did year 0 and now I am just finishing my 2nd year of dental school. Year 0 sets you up really well for the course at uni and the teaching at Carmel is great.
Original post by Amberooney
Good luck! I did year 0 and now I am just finishing my 2nd year of dental school. Year 0 sets you up really well for the course at uni and the teaching at Carmel is great.

Thank you ! I’m excited to start. It’s nice to hear positive reviews.
Original post by Riannetori_x
Thank you ! I’m excited to start. It’s nice to hear positive reviews.

Heyy we have a small group going for people doing a fd year at Carmel this year, I could add you if you'd like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending