The Student Room Group

Brexit: Siemens to stay in the UK after all. Quelle Surprise...

Scroll to see replies

Remain's poker face wasn't very good.
:colone:
“We never said the UK is in bad shape if it leaves the EU: we said the EU would miss a massive opportunity. Without the UK, the EU may never be able to stand up against superpowers like China and the US,”

Gosh, a business leader speaking some sense on Brexit!? Pinch me.
Lol.

Wait....a company sucking up after to keep on having a good public image? Who would have thought.

Are they actually going ahead with the Hull project as planned? No.

There were meant to be several phases to the project. Phase 2 involves exporting abroad. That is still on hold.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol.

Wait....a company sucking up after to keep on having a good public image? Who would have thought.

Pray tell why the threat was made in the first place? The most important part about a threat is not the threat itself but the credibility of the person making the threat going through with it; there's a reason so much of project fear didn't work and that was simply because the follow through was not a credible idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Pray tell why the threat was made in the first place? The most important part about a threat is not the threat itself but the credibility of the person making the threat going through with it; there's a reason so much of project fear didn't work and that was simply because the follow through was not a credible idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, you must be reading a different article to me.

He said in the first one:

"Short term, in terms of any investment decisions you want to make here, especially those that result in exporting to the EU, they will be on ice. No question about that."

And the second article:

"Siemens also said it was putting new wind power investment plans in Hull on hold in the week following the result of the referendum. But Kaeser on Monday said it was too early to take a decision in regards to the Hull expansion."

So, they froze their plans to create a plant in the UK in the week following Brexit and.....that means that they are not following through?
(edited 7 years ago)
ROFL. I write that the Hull project is on hold following Brexit by Siemens and that equates to....they are not following through with their threat.

I wonder what the next insane Brexit response will be when there is a recession and unemployment rises.

" There isn't a recession. Project fear didn't work. "
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its too early to tell yet what the exact details of Brexit will be. Other thna more money for the NHS and reductsions in immigration, then no one else knows.

If the terms of Brexit are not favourable then at least in regards of trade in the EU that is where investment will go. That depends on whether or not we have access to the signle market, which in turn depends whether we pay the EU for that access and accpet the free mobement of people. Once the terms are known then businesses can make appropriate investment decisions. Until then many businesses will put investment on hold.

Lets see how the economu does in the next 5 years., that will be 2 in the EU and 3 outside.
It's only when Siemens decides not to follow through with the contract to build 100 trains for the UK rail network that "that" will happen...
Original post by 999tigger
Its too early to tell yet what the exact details of Brexit will be. Other thna more money for the NHS and reductsions in immigration, then no one else knows.

Why more money for the NHS? There is going to have an early recession which could be prolonged if the US/China enters into troublesome territory as well.

The UK has a huge deficit and foreign inflows are drying up. I doubt there will be any serious money for the NHS.

If the terms of Brexit are not favourable then at least in regards of trade in the EU that is where investment will go. That depends on whether or not we have access to the signle market, which in turn depends whether we pay the EU for that access and accpet the free mobement of people. Once the terms are known then businesses can make appropriate investment decisions. Until then many businesses will put investment on hold.

Lets see how the economu does in the next 5 years., that will be 2 in the EU and 3 outside.

Read our lips, THERE WILL BE NO FREE MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE.

That is what we voted for, that is what is going to happen. May has already said it is the number one, "red line." She has to deliver it, otherwise she is toast.

I think she gets that, even if you still seem rather slow on the uptake.
Why more money for the NHS? There is going to have an early recession which could be prolonged if the US/China enters into troublesome territory as well.

The UK has a huge deficit and foreign inflows are drying up. I doubt there will be any serious money for the NHS.

Because people are stupid enough to in a recession stop spending because they don't understand that's exactly why there's a recession. You spend your way out of recession, HS2, Heathrow and Gatwick expansion should be being started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going on the £350m claim. They might wnat to deliver on some of their claims. I wouldnt like to think that people voted for a number of lies.

In terms of recession, but have to wait and see. The Commonwelath, India and China are interested in talks and they might be in place to transform our economy in a number of weeks/ months as has been heralded on these forums.
Because people are stupid enough to in a recession stop spending because they don't understand that's exactly why there's a recession. You spend your way out of recession, HS2, Heathrow and Gatwick expansion should be being started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or you could have just voted remain. LOL.
Going on the £350m claim. They might wnat to deliver on some of their claims. I wouldnt like to think that people voted for a number of lies.

In terms of recession, but have to wait and see. The Commonwelath, India and China are interested in talks and they might be in place to transform our economy in a number of weeks/ months as has been heralded on these forums.

India is in the commonwealth, and when Congress finally stop having to tell Obama (or the next president if Obama refuses) to start talks expect boosta

Posted from TSR Mobile
India is in the commonwealth, and when Congress finally stop having to tell Obama (or the next president if Obama refuses) to start talks expect boosta

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought India was doing a separate deal or is that already in force? It should all be wrapped up by next week. Good job we have you to tell us about trade developments. When will the new money start being paid to the NHS?

Lol.

Well, there will definitely be a recession or cut in growth. How bad? Probably mild.

The problem is that it is mid-cycle, so there will probably be another one when there is a major European/American recession.
Lol.

Well, there will definitely be a recession or cut in growth. How bad? Probably mild.

The problem is that it is mid-cycle, so there will probably be another one when there is a major European/American recession.

I expect one, but then im more interested in the sophisticated views of Jammy Duel et al. We are all Indian now....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending