The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Anyone who have done the ukcat already and have subscription for medify please pm so i can practice as my test is tomorrow, would really appreciate it thanks.
Original post by Gogregg
2360 Band 1
(787 average) :colondollar:

That's flipping awesome.
Original post by raniafern
That's flipping awesome.

Thanks! :colondollar:
I think it was almost entirely luck though :lol:
What did people get in the UKCAT Mock A? I got 620 and it seems very low :frown:
Original post by TianaEsther
Hey everyone! I just did the ukcat, I'm pleased with quantitative reasoning and abstract reasoning but verbal reasoning really lowered my average...
Verbal reasoning: 570
Quantitative reasoning: 790
Abstract reasoning: 700
Situational judgement: Band 3
Average: 686

If anyone needs any tips for QR I'm more than happy to help :h:

By the way, are there any Uni's I should avoid? Because of my SJT and VR in particular? I'm really disappointed with my SJT in particular since I didn't get anything lower than band 2 in all the mocks I've previously done.

Well done on your score! Im really worried as i score low in mocks, what were u getting in your mocks and what was the VR like, i dont think i can do it :frown:
Original post by Gogregg
Thanks! :colondollar:
I think it was almost entirely luck though :lol:

Honestly tho, what were u getting on your mocks and stuff on medify? Like, you know the performance stats on Medify mine are constantly at like 60%

And I did that free mini kaplan mock rn and I got an average of 576

I have one week.

And in that one week, theres results day, a wedding, a reception in Birmingham and also this Mehndi night thing (but thats in the night tbh)
For VR, what makes it harder than mocks? Did your score fall from your usual VR mock scores? If so, by how much?

Thank you x
Original post by clairebear101
Well done on your score! Im really worried as i score low in mocks, what were u getting in your mocks and what was the VR like, i dont think i can do it :frown:

Thank you so much! Honestly if you look back a few pages I was freaking out too because I was doing badly in mocks: most were 600-630 and I had one which was 676. It's not worth stressing trust me. VR kinda annoyed me because it's the first section and I was really nervous and apprehensive so my mind was all over the place, but do try to relax before you go in! Find a strategy that works for you and stick to it and you'll be fine. Is your exam tomorrow?
Original post by hoafanuk
For VR, what makes it harder than mocks? Did your score fall from your usual VR mock scores? If so, by how much?

Thank you x

My first VR score was 650 which I was pleased about but after that it all went downhill lol I was getting below 600 and struggled to even get 600 just in that section which pulled down the average of all 3 sections.
Original post by sububzi
Honestly tho, what were u getting on your mocks and stuff on medify? Like, you know the performance stats on Medify mine are constantly at like 60%

And I did that free mini kaplan mock rn and I got an average of 576

I have one week.

And in that one week, theres results day, a wedding, a reception in Birmingham and also this Mehndi night thing (but thats in the night tbh)

Honestly, I only did one full mock (Medify Mock 2) and i think i got around 710 average, can't remember though, but it was definitely around that :smile: that was a couple of days before my actual test, though.
My performance stats were around 80% i think? But that is without time constraints, and I'm not completely certain, it's been a while :colondollar:

I feel like the free Kaplan mock will be purposely really difficult though to lure you into thinking you need to pay for their service. Not sure though since i didn't do it.

It's good that you have those distractions though! You will work harder ion the time that you do have!
The Monday and Tuesday before my test, i spent the entirety of the day potwashing, which only left me with an hour or two in the night for practice, and it allowed me to properly focus on my practice, and the days went quickly so i wasnt worrying too much about it :h:
Original post by Gogregg
Honestly, I only did one full mock (Medify Mock 2) and i think i got around 710 average, can't remember though, but it was definitely around that :smile: that was a couple of days before my actual test, though.
My performance stats were around 80% i think? But that is without time constraints, and I'm not completely certain, it's been a while :colondollar:

I feel like the free Kaplan mock will be purposely really difficult though to lure you into thinking you need to pay for their service. Not sure though since i didn't do it.

It's good that you have those distractions though! You will work harder ion the time that you do have!
The Monday and Tuesday before my test, i spent the entirety of the day potwashing, which only left me with an hour or two in the night for practice, and it allowed me to properly focus on my practice, and the days went quickly so i wasnt worrying too much about it :h:

thankyou you're acc so nice xx
I have my test later today (eeeek!) and just realised I don't have a printout of the email confirmation and I don't own a printer. How mandatory is it, did you all get asked for it? *
Original post by kimsiclez
I have my test later today (eeeek!) and just realised I don't have a printout of the email confirmation and I don't own a printer. How mandatory is it, did you all get asked for it? *

If you can show it on your phone you should be fine. That's what I did :smile:
For people that have done the test; how easy/hard is the actual test compared to the medify mocks? I have my test on monday and aiming for 700+. I have just found out I have broke my foot and torn all the ligaments in my ankle so getting nervous as its gonna take me longer to get there :frown:
Original post by TianaEsther
Thank you so much! Honestly if you look back a few pages I was freaking out too because I was doing badly in mocks: most were 600-630 and I had one which was 676. It's not worth stressing trust me. VR kinda annoyed me because it's the first section and I was really nervous and apprehensive so my mind was all over the place, but do try to relax before you go in! Find a strategy that works for you and stick to it and you'll be fine. Is your exam tomorrow?

That reassures me so much as i am scoring about that in mocks too :smile: I am just worried about the VR as everyone is struggling, and i already struggle at it haha! are they ALL really long questions and statements and confusing text??
Is it certain that in the real UKCAT AR, type 1 questions are more than any of the other type?
Got mine today and i still never understand those bus stop/train station questions on the QR with timetables and routes and stuff... Any tips?? Much appreciated
Original post by Nikita Verma
Is it certain that in the real UKCAT AR, type 1 questions are more than any of the other type?

Yes
Original post by julesaquilina
Yes

Okay, thanks :smile:
Hey! I have my ukcat tomorrow don't know whether to be excited or stressed lol. Any last minute tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending