The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

BAHAHAHAHA 53 FOR A F*CKING A*!!!!! :rofl:
yeeEEESSS LOW GRADE BOUNDARIES IM NOT GETTING A U
They still weren't low enough to save me.
Is it bad that I feel happier about being proved right against all the cocky trolls, than the actually boundaries being lowered? :')
Original post by Cascadess
Is it bad that I feel happier about being proved right against all the cocky trolls, than the actually boundaries being lowered? :':wink:

Not at all :u:
Wow. 59 for 100UMS in Core 3... unbelievable. Thanks AQA :biggrin:
Wow... 59 still gets you 100UMS in Core 3. Unbelievable! Thanks AQA :biggrin:

Me and my teacher agreed 62 for an A*... How delightfully wrong we were!
(edited 7 years ago)
I never thought AQA would be this kind with the grade boundaries
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow, hoping i scraped an A with 48-50 marks. 😇
These times everyone is gassed about the grade boundaries, as if to say they've forgotten about how bad the exam was x'D
I still would of much rather had an average/easier paper with much higher grade boundaries than that monstrosity. But at least the grade boundaries have given me a tiny of bit of hope for not completely failing tomorrow .
Yes! now I have an actual chance of getting an E and not a U*:biggrin:
the grades are so close i cant tell if i will get D or B tomorrow
Original post by -jordan-

Which makes you wonder how many people in total scored over 59 in that exam...
Original post by A Slice of Pi
Which makes you wonder how many people in total scored over 59 in that exam...

Not a lot I would imagine. Questions such as the range one and the trig identity one required a Further Maths style of creativity to even know where to start with them. Finding the turning point for the range is just something you think of or it isn't. And for the rest of them, hardly any of the questions were easy marks - there was always something in there to differentiate form the usual style of questions from each topic. It wasn't one you could prepare for by just doing the papers.

My classmates found it challenging but my teacher said one of his friends at another school had loads of people leave the exam hall crying after this one.

These type of exams usually benefit me. I know I can always do the harder stuff, Further Maths understanding probably helps greatly, my problem is always silly mistakes and that always put doubt over me getting an A* in Maths. But I'm pretty confident now because I was still able to make some mistakes and have a huge safety margin for the A* with those boundaries.

Anyway good luck for tomorrow! I'm sure you've smashed it :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Anyway good luck for tomorrow! I'm sure you've smashed it :biggrin:

Thanks, but I did the exam last year. A lot of people I know found it very difficult though, people predicted As saying they got less than 50 etc
Original post by A Slice of Pi
Thanks, but I did the exam last year. A lot of people I know found it very difficult though, people predicted As saying they got less than 50 etc

At least the boundary is fair... unlike the questionable FP3 ones!
At least the boundary is fair... unlike the questionable FP3 ones!

I actually think FP3 was one of my better units this year. I agreed with all my teachers answers on that from what I could remember, so maybe we all did better than first thought

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending