The Student Room Group

Firm or clearing? URGENT PLZ HELP

Right now i'm very split, i want to go through clearing to get into a 'higher ranked' university, and also because it is closer to my home. i'm not sure whether i should ring up my firm asking them to stop my offer and then apply to the other uni or i should ring up about the vacancies to get a verbal offer. I'm also worried that what if whilst i'm waiting for my clearing code, the vacancy at the other uni will be taken by someone else.
Original post by Carmenleeoxo
Right now i'm very split, i want to go through clearing to get into a 'higher ranked' university, and also because it is closer to my home. i'm not sure whether i should ring up my firm asking them to stop my offer and then apply to the other uni or i should ring up about the vacancies to get a verbal offer. I'm also worried that what if whilst i'm waiting for my clearing code, the vacancy at the other uni will be taken by someone else.

Many unis won't give you a verbal offer without a clearing number, so you have to take that risk and get released into clearing really unless you are eligible for adjustment.

unfortunately you definitely need to decline your offer before you can even talk to a university about a clearing space
Original post by claireestelle
Many unis won't give you a verbal offer without a clearing number, so you have to take that risk and get released into clearing really unless you are eligible for adjustment.

How long will i need to wait for my clearing code? does it take hours or minutes? aw that is so frustrating! :frown:
How long will i need to wait for my clearing code? does it take hours or minutes? aw that is so frustrating! :frown:

Could be hours, I ve heard at worst 1 or 2 days.

Quick Reply

Latest