The Student Room Group

clearing please help

I haven't submitted a ucas application yet because Initially wanted to take a gap year and I have now changed my mind because I didn't get my grades for that course. If I submit an application through ucas now they will provide me with a clearing number, do I have to submit a personal statement.
Original post by pkg7
I haven't submitted a ucas application yet because Initially wanted to take a gap year and I have now changed my mind because I didn't get my grades for that course. If I submit an application through ucas now they will provide me with a clearing number, do I have to submit a personal statement.

You should speak to the universities you're talking to about clearing places.

You need to write something in the PS section - but it can be short if your universities agree to that.

You also need a reference.
Reply 2
[QUOTE="PQ;67052756"]You should speak to the universities you're talking to about clearing places.

You need to write something in the PS section - but it can be short if your universities agree to that.

You also need a reference.[/QUOTE

I need the clearing Number before I call universities for clearing. Which means I have to submit a ucas application
Original post by pkg7

Hi,
Yes you will have to set up a UCAS application. Our hotline number is
0800 0483 334
where someone will be happy to speak to you about a personal statement. Take a look at our courses here :biggrin: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/courses/find-a-course/undergraduate/a-z/a/?entryyearid=4

Emily
Student ambassador
Reply 4
Original post by Kingston University
Hi,
Yes you will have to set up a UCAS application. Our hotline number is
0800 0483 334
where someone will be happy to speak to you about a personal statement. Take a look at our courses here :biggrin: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/courses/find-a-course/undergraduate/a-z/a/?entryyearid=4

Emily
Student ambassador

Do clearing placements look for student's personal statement
Original post by pkg7
Do clearing placements look for student's personal statement

You will have to speak to one of the team- they will tell you if you have to write one or if you can get away with a little one. Out clearing hotline opens at 8:30am :smile:

Emily
Student ambassador
Reply 6
Original post by Kingston University
You will have to speak to one of the team- they will tell you if you have to write one or if you can get away with a little one. Out clearing hotline opens at 8:30am :smile:

Emily
Student ambassador

will i need reference too
I'm in the same situation. I have to go back to my school today and try and get a reference ASAP. Most stressful experience, I should have applied last year :/
Original post by pkg7
will i need reference too

Hi,

It would be really good if you had one ring our team up the line is open now and see what the say :biggrin:
Emily
Student ambassador
Original post by pkg7
I need the clearing Number before I call universities for clearing. Which means I have to submit a ucas application

No you don't

There isn't a filter on the phonelines that only allow people with a clearing number through

If you explain to your choices that you haven't yet applied through UCAS yet and would like to know if they'll accept direct applications or a clearing ENQUIRY directly while you work through your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending