The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Rabbi stabbed in France, attacker shouts 'Allahu Akhbar'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingBradly
Well in this case the guy shouted "Allahu Ackbar", so it's pretty obviously ideologically motivated. The other one could have been for any reason imaginable. It seems that you don't think there was anything to indicate it being ideologically motivated, or in the name of persecuting Muslims.

So a completely irreligious wife-beating drunk / drug-user makes a crime ideological if he shouts "allah ackbar" before committing an attack, and Islam is to blame?

There are an insurmountable number of factors contributing to why this person did what he did. Islam was probably one of them, no doubt, but it is not the thing that uprooted his life and made him a killer. From studying past cases, almost all perpetrators of attacks have something go south in their lives before they do these things, which are totally unrelated to Islam.

Furthermore you didn't explain to me why you think the ideological tag makes it far more worthy of criticism than the one which is obviously anti-Islam but unconfirmed.

Additionally, going and killing two Muslims outside a mosque is no-doubt an Islamophobic attack, why are you denying this?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Trillions? Please, lets not exaggerate

HOW CLEAR CAN I MAKE THIS TO YOU: ITALY AND GREECE ARE PART OF EUROPE. Where have I said we should leave them out to dry?

What made you think I was in favour of "strongly worded messages"?

You want to talk qualifications? What are yours? Honestly, you seem to be having trouble comprehending me, are you really qualified to have a debate in English?

I've made the point clear already. Migrants are coming over the sea, whether we want them or not. They would collect in Greece and Italy, just as they were doing before it emerged in the political spotlight. You're basically proposing that Merkel shouldn't have done what she did, this means that these migrants would not be allowed to travel through Europe, and they would be stuck in these two countries - straining their resources and economies.

And I have no need to state qualifications, I'm not the one claiming it is economically and politically viable to patrol the Mediterranean 24/7 and send back refugees to Turkey.
If they arrive in Italy/Greece, they should be sent to a European funded detention centre, on a remote island. No need for Italy/Greece to bear the full burden, nor for Turkey to recieve them back, since they'll only try to break into Europe again

So we are going to start putting refugees in prison? Do you have even a glimpse of the political consequences of that? The entire world would denounce us, probably even China as well.

And that is ignoring the massive logistical cost of rounding up these immigrants, and giving them a fair trial - which they are entitled to. Unless you want to strip away their human rights too? And which government is in charge of rounding them up? There's no way to exempt Greece/Italy from the equation, their governments would have to do most of the collecting.

And its all an indirect result of a conflict that our leaders started back in 2004.
Reply 63
Original post by JustAStudent14
I certainly hope by "them" you're not referring to Muslims in general.

No, you misunderstood my comment, I was talking about the perpetrator, although TBH I wouldn't mind seeing all people on the terror watch list treated that way, perhaps we might actually manage to prevent any more attacks if we did that.
But to answer your question, no not all muslims.
Original post by Dez
When was the last time the news broke a story about a jew stabbing a muslim though?

Gotta love the media's selection bias.

Give me an example of a Jew stabbing a Muslim recently.

I'll save you the time - there aren't any.
Original post by BobSausage
No, you misunderstood my comment, I was talking about the perpetrator, although TBH I wouldn't mind seeing all people on the terror watch list treated that way, perhaps we might actually manage to prevent any more attacks if we did that.
But to answer your question, no not all muslims.

How sadistic. Fortunately we as a society have risen above barbarity. Ironically, ISIS use the same sort of "punish them with the like of that with which you were afflicted" maxim to justify their cruelty. What difference will there be between us and them if we did as you're suggesting?
Israel and Australia put migrants in detention centres. And hey, they're apparently fleeing a war, surely they'd be happy to stay in a detention centre where its safe, so they can return home when the war is over.

Sure, it'll be expensive. But its cheaper than letting them come to Europe, especially since, once here, they will just encourage more people to come

We simply don't have the resources to collect and imprison 1.6 million people, nor do we have the political leverage to do it because 'they are migrants', it would spark worldwide condemnation, especially given that half the world puts us as responsible for the migration in the first place.

Letting them come into Europe is the only option, but if you people would just suck it up and realise that your problems are not the fault of migrants and rather your own governments who are trying to capitalise both healthcare and education as a commodity rather than a necessity, then we would be living in a finer world.
Reply 67
Original post by The_JoKeR
The attacker must have some kind of a mental disorder...

#Notallmentalpatients
#Psychosisofpeace
Oh, ffs. I'm not sure the French people are going to stand for this for much longer...
Original post by JustAStudent14
nah Jews don't stab muslims, they walk into their countries, terrorise them, steal their land and bomb the remaining part of land they have.

If you truly think that this is the case, then I feel sorry for you.
Original post by BaconandSauce
I'll try and find the report

But as I said 'apparently it has been reported'

But as we don't know why I think you are a little preemptive claiming it 'was because of their faith'

But this has nothing to do with the OP other than to derail the thread to make Muslim look like victims (which in this case they are NOT)

can you please explain how are muslims not victims, please? I don't understand
Original post by greys-anatomy
can you please explain how are muslims not victims, please? I don't understand

you are claim they are victims BECAUSE they are Muslims

we do not know this is actually the case
Original post by Truth88
A Jewish man has been stabbed by a Muslim attacker in the French city of Strasbourg, according to local media sources.

His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

The victim is reported to be a rabbi. He was stabbed by a man who shouted “Allahu Akhbar” (God is greatest) as he carried out the attack, according to the 20minutes news platform.

The perpetrator has been detained by police. According to the Journal du Dimanche publication, the attacker had a history of psychiatric problems.

Read More:
https://www.rt.com/news/356472-france-rabbi-stab-strasbourg/

LOL
Original post by *Alisha*
LOL

Something funny?
Original post by *Alisha*
LOL

I think the funnier thing is the french will put hundreds of IS militants in the ground for this. Talk ****, get hit.
Original post by The_JoKeR
The attacker must have some kind of a mental disorder...

He has, it is called religion.
Original post by BaconandSauce
It's a sad state of affairs when a muslim attacking a Jew with a knife is not news worthy

What the hell is going on? How can this not be on C4 news and BBC?
(correct me if I'm wrong but I saw nothing)

They just seem to think now, patronisingly, they have to lie to people for their own good, to present the version of the world they want.

Yes They can argue it's a responsible stance in not whipping up hate against innocent muslims, (no decent person wants this) but they are wrong. We need objective media telling us what happened. The repression of information and over control of the narrative that the media seems so keen on nowadays insults people's intelligence and just makes them more and more angry. I think the consequences will be worse because of that. Because these attacks are also an opportunity to talk to the likes of Majid Nawaz, and muslims who condemn this all. To deal with the problem frankly and openly is less inflammatory. By trying to silence it they do they make people more divided. And more denial goes on, and the possibility of worsening relations long term.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by Zakriah
How deluded does someone have to be to believe that God would be proud of them killing another human being? Jeez
We have a moral compass for a reason... Sigh
Deluded enough to believe that a centuries old book is actually the word of god, perfect and immutable in its entirely, at a guess.

After all, both the Old Testament and the Quran are full of passages detailing who god wants killed, and why. As far as the true believer is concerned, who are they to question the word of god?
Original post by markova21
People are only going to be pushed so far. One of these days, maybe across the whole of Europe, the worm is going to turn. God help Muslims then, innocent ones as well I think.

Yes, and the silly, ideologically dogmatic cultural left will have caused it all by incessantly and irresponsibly closing down the debate, living in denial, and creating a totalitarian world of thought and speech crimes to the point when people go the other extreme of more division and hate. Instead of airing it all frankly and finding solidarity with the great many other muslims who are horrified by these attacks, and under threat themselves, and figuring how to deal with this.

We need, a frank, non-PC approach that includes and educates about other muslims conflict with this, doesn't disrespect the faith or accept stigmatizing all muslims, but yet won't mince words or hide in calling it out. Yes, that won't be easy but we haven't tried that hard and Europe has lived in denial. The magnitude of this threat has been belittled and swept under the carpet by our failing politics for so long.

It's self-centred politics and a mere self-serving, divisive game, as usual. Policies and debates should be made dispassionately on the basis of our collective long term interests and societal consequences, not by self-congratulatory, shallow moral narcissists who are obsessed with trying to show how they are distinguished as superior from other people, whilst setting them up as pariahs to be the targets of contrived outrage. This is frivolous, decadent and unbelievably selfish. I think more and more people see through these irritating righteous loudmouths and appeasers though. It's a case of the silent majority again, and how they've missed the change in direction of the political wind.
(edited 7 years ago)
Muslims kill plenty of people in French. One Jewish person stabbed, world goes nuts..

France is a nation under Jewish occupation. They own most of the media, they finance the political parties. Only far-right and to a lesser extent far-left parties are against this.

Jewish oligarchy is the problem. The left claim to be against such, but that is why the left is in such a mess. They own the left. When you take money from racist billionaire Zionists to get into power like Blair you've sold your soul to the synagogue.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending