UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kraytz
VR: 650
QR: 800
AR: 580
SJT: Band 1
Average: 676

Universities I should apply to and ones to avoid?

If anyone wants to know how the real exam compares to 1000Q book and online practice tests on UKCAT website then check my comment here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4199733&page=2

avoid UKCAT heavy universities such as plymouth, newcastle/durham, exeter, glasgow, southampton.

But everything will also depend on your academics. If you would like a more in depth run down PM me with your stats and I will give you a good idea where isnt great to apply and where you may have a shot.
Original post by Pra99
Anyone done Kaplan mock 4?

Yes, I got:

730 VR
670 QR
700 AR

Kaplan doesn't have keyboard shortcuts, so I'm never able to get through all the questions :frown: Also in QR, many of the questions are linked, so if you get the first question wrong, all the questions in that stem end up being wrong! :angry:
I know there is supposed to be no discussion, but how similar is the actual test to the kaplan mocks?
Original post by MoshBosh
Yes, I got:

730 VR
670 QR
700 AR

Kaplan doesn't have keyboard shortcuts, so I'm never able to get through all the questions :frown: Also in QR, many of the questions are linked, so if you get the first question wrong, all the questions in that stem end up being wrong! :angry:

I only use the alt-c shortcut. I find that to use alt-f and alt-n takes more time than to just use the mouse.

Yeh the QR was really frustrating (I ran out of time) but I though the AR was decent
Hey everyone, so I bought the KAPLAN book for 2017-2018 entry so its new edition, and I found that it still has the code in it, which I do not understand why, have they not updated the book at all? Was quite annoyed tbh when I opened it and saw it .... weird.
Reply 2745
Is anybody answering/ has answered the DM questions in the real exam? What is the point if the score is not going to be used..? Please let me know what you think!
Hi there, I've just started my last year of high school and I'm considering medicine. My UKCAT is booked for the 20th of Sept, and in my periods I've literally just started to use the 1000 Questions book, and have been using medify to study these past few days in the evenings. I was just wondering which sections of the 1000 Qs book and medify are harder/easier/equivalent to the actual test?
Original post by medme
Is anybody answering/ has answered the DM questions in the real exam? What is the point if the score is not going to be used..? Please let me know what you think!

They're piloting it so it's not useful for us, rather it's so they can gather data and optimise it for people who take the UKCAT in the future.
Okay so just did my MOCK C and avg 686. My test is in the next few days and this is my last mock, was just going to spend the next few days reviewinng my mistakes and keeping up practice. Not sure if im ready with this score tho :/ still didnt finish the QR on time! :frown: plus i find medify AR really easy but the official mock AR really hard, anyone got any opinions on this and if they think i should re book??
Original post by clairebear101
Okay so just did my MOCK C and avg 686. My test is in the next few days and this is my last mock, was just going to spend the next few days reviewinng my mistakes and keeping up practice. Not sure if im ready with this score tho :/ still didnt finish the QR on time! :frown: plus i find medify AR really easy but the official mock AR really hard, anyone got any opinions on this and if they think i should re book??

I also did a lot worse on Mock C compared to the other official mocks and medify mocks (690 compared to 750). I think it was just a really difficult mock tbh, personally I would just review the mocks you've done and not reboook.
Reply 2750
Original post by Kraytz
VR: 650
QR: 800
AR: 580
SJT: Band 1
Average: 676

Universities I should apply to and ones to avoid?

If anyone wants to know how the real exam compares to 1000Q book and online practice tests on UKCAT website then check my comment here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4199733&page=2

You should definitely apply to Queen's University Belfast!
Original post by Pra99
Nice advertising

Is there a problem? They recommended their course to me and I said I'd try it.
Original post by halima25

ok?
Hey guys, so I've been practising for UKCAT since end of July ish, I finished all questions from the 1000 Q book and done all of the practice questions on medify, well not for VR lol but I've done a very large number of questions. When I came to take my first ever mock exam on medify, I got 607 average from first try and this is worrying me a lot and I don't know what to do :/
Original post by Pra99
Nice advertising

Whats everyone been getting on Medify 3?
Hi everyone, first post on here so sorry for it being a request of sorts!

I did my UKCAT yesterday and got the following result:
VR 590
QR 850
AR 630
Average 690
SJ Band 1

I'm only applying to Scottish universities so it's a case of applying to 4 and avoiding 1. Based on my UKCAT, which should I avoid?

I've heard some saying Edinburgh is the most UKCAT heavy but others say Glasgow is.
AR help please
Set A: Convex figure, ignore star and shading.
Set B: Concave figure, ignore star and shading.
I googled the definitions but I can't see why set B shapes are concave (a polygon having at least one interior angle greater than 180°).
Original post by osayukiigbinoba
AR help please
Set A: Convex figure, ignore star and shading.
Set B: Concave figure, ignore star and shading.
I googled the definitions but I can't see why set B shapes are concave (a polygon having at least one interior angle greater than 180°).

remember it's interior angle and not exterior
Original post by Oak16
You should definitely apply to Queen's University Belfast!

I'm not sure I want to move countries again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending