The Student Room Group

Applying to UWC 2016 for entrance September 2017

Hi guys!

A new thread to start the year of applications for us - having seen the success of last year's it would be interesting to see who is applying this year!

Scroll to see replies

hiiiiii

i am using last years thread as a bible! have you finished your application yet??
Reply 2
Hey!
I haven't seen much of last year's forum. I'm in Australia and just found a whole heap of stuff that didn't really apply to me.
I've looked at my application but I haven't had much time to complete it yet.
Hi guys!

I haven't finished my application yet.... I have drafts of all my essay questions but no finalising yet and no confirmation from my references 😥

How's your application going - what do you think of the questions?
Reply 4
Just for clarity... what are your essay questions? From past applications I think I have different questions than you both.
Original post by sumosalad
Hey!
I haven't seen much of last year's forum. I'm in Australia and just found a whole heap of stuff that didn't really apply to me.
I've looked at my application but I haven't had much time to complete it yet.

Last years is the most useful and it's nice because you see how gets in and who doesn't
Just for clarity... what are your essay questions? From past applications I think I have different questions than you both.

I'm doing the human beauty and are there too many of us one. You?
Reply 7
Oh damn, ours are different. Mine is about why I want to go to uwc and the other one is about a Nelson Mandela quote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh damn, ours are different. Mine is about why I want to go to uwc and the other one is about a Nelson Mandela quote.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what?!? :confused: What country are you from? I am from England so maybe the GB committee asks different questions
Reply 9
I'm from Australia! I think the questions change depending on what committee you're going through. Your topics sound really interesting though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha, I don't know. 400 words is a lot to right. but I have:

250 words- Describe 3 to 5 hobbies or interests that you pursue (inside or outside of school).

250 words- Take one activity that you enjoy, and explain how you feel it relates to any of the UWC ideals of peace, sustainability, and international understanding

250 words-
Tell us about something that changed your understanding or perspective of the world, in a small or a big way.

then 400 words on each of those other questions
Aight lads,
I got to final stage interview in last year's applications but was told they could not send me to a college they believed I was suited to on account of my age (I'm not 16 yet, school year up). As disappointed as I was they have invited me back direct-to-interview with this year's applicants so hit us up if you have any questions about the application process an that.
Hi guys,I'm also applying to UWC 2017 entry. I'm from Vietnam so I'm applying through my country's committee.From some replies above, I assume that the essay topics vary among different committees, is that right? For example, here in Vietnam we have to choose 2 out of 6 topics to write, with each not longer than one page's length, and here're what I choose
1. In overcoming an obstacle, hard work pays off. More often than not, however, hard work is not enough. Which specific qualities, in addition to diligence, helped you achieve something you did?
2. There is a saying "Let your life speak". Describe the environment in which you were raised, your family, home, community you have lived in, and how they have shaped who you are today.
Original post by sally_avis
hiiiiii

i am using last years thread as a bible! have you finished your application yet??

Hi how do I see last years thread?
Original post by sally_avis
Last years is the most useful and it's nice because you see how gets in and who doesn't

How do I see last years thread?
sorry it took so long, i couldn't find the website.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3538763
I have almost finished my application and was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the references, do we still need them?
If anyone needs any help just ask, I'm happy too!!
Hey people I am applying from India this year,
Just submitted my Application Form.
By the way does anyone know how the selection process is going to be like.There are a few more people from my school applying so will they only select one of us? Also I am doing the IGCSEs and I have a predicted 8 A* and I got 8 As in my Mocks. Is that going to be sufficient ?
My national committee hasn't even opened their applications yet XD. I'm still so worried about the apps. Anyone else doing Pre-IB/MYP?
Original post by Bubblegum boy
I have almost finished my application and was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the references, do we still need them?
If anyone needs any help just ask, I'm happy too!!

Once you have finished your application there's a section where you fill in the contact details of your referencees and they'll send and email to them separately. Hope that helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending