The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Could I get into LSE???

Hi, I am considering doing an Accounting and Finance course at LSE.

I am doing Math, Chemistry and 3D Product Design and got AAA in my AS and predicted an AAA/A*AA in my A2. I couldn't do 4 AS as I go to a low performing school and they mainly do BTEC's instead of A-levels. I am also from a disadvantaged area so not too sure if I'd get flagged for a contextual offer. I do have the opportunity to teach myself Further Math AS but curious to know what you guys would say.

As for GCSE's I received 2A*, 6As, 5Bs - not great but bear in mind of how poorly performing my school is - I also had received the best in my year too.... shocking I know.

I have relevant work experience in a Chartered Accountants firm and want to study A&F so would I be able to get into LSE, even with an excellent P.S and reference?
Reply 1
Original post by Ze Witcher
Hi, I am considering doing an Accounting and Finance course at LSE.

I am doing Math, Chemistry and 3D Product Design and got AAA in my AS and predicted an AAA/A*AA in my A2. I couldn't do 4 AS as I go to a low performing school and they mainly do BTEC's instead of A-levels. I am also from a disadvantaged area so not too sure if I'd get flagged for a contextual offer. I do have the opportunity to teach myself Further Math AS but curious to know what you guys would say.

As for GCSE's I received 2A*, 6As, 5Bs - not great but bear in mind of how poorly performing my school is - I also had received the best in my year too.... shocking I know.

I have relevant work experience in a Chartered Accountants firm and want to study A&F so would I be able to get into LSE, even with an excellent P.S and reference?

Yes, you have a decent chance.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I'm currently taking a 2nd gap year and my current grades are A*BB in Mathematics, Economics and Chemistry. I am retaking Economics and Chemistry and I'm predicted A*A*A in Maths, Economics and Chemistry. I am planning to apply for LSE Management and I have 9As and 2Bs at GCSE. Along with a strong personal statement do you think I have a shot ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending