The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Classical Greek

Scroll to see replies

Original post by F0X
So do I, but I'm not sure it was in that exact question. Anyway, that's over and done with so we should probably forget about it until results day :tongue:

Yeah, no point worrying about it - no amount of worrying will change your grades - studying for your next ones will, hey!
Original post by fuzz13
I haven't actually done a whole past paper before under timed conditions, but I would say defo it's a rush, because you have the whole section and then you have the long question at the back!
You are amazing! Thank you thank you thank you! :biggrin:
I have no idea about this either, it's a weird one but I would probably say "know", at least that's what I put! In any event I'm definitely putting it out of my mind until results day haha:tongue:

No problem, hope it helps.
Original post by helenh567
For the sources paper, would a play extract, a vase and a history extract be good choices for the 12 mark question? :smile:

Definitely - I would just avoid similar sources because they will have the same significance, limitations and often facts too, which restricts your answer.
I don't do sources for Greek, but I assume it's similar to Latin, which I did do, and it is very tight in terms of time... so much so that lots of teachers want it to be 90 minutes rather than 60 :s-smilie:

If it's anything like Latin, my best advice is rush through the first set of shorter questions in 20 minutes or so, so you can spend the maximum amount of time on the 12-marker and second set of questions. Then you can go back and check/correct when you finish, and if the 12-marker is hard and you only just finish it, you've still answered all the questions.

Personally, I think it's better to rush and finish the paper to a mediocre standard than leave more than four or so marks unanswered...
Original post by Caecilius'Garden
I don't do sources for Greek, but I assume it's similar to Latin, which I did do, and it is very tight in terms of time... so much so that lots of teachers want it to be 90 minutes rather than 60 :s-smilie:

If it's anything like Latin, my best advice is rush through the first set of shorter questions in 20 minutes or so, so you can spend the maximum amount of time on the 12-marker and second set of questions. Then you can go back and check/correct when you finish, and if the 12-marker is hard and you only just finish it, you've still answered all the questions.

Personally, I think it's better to rush and finish the paper to a mediocre standard than leave more than four or so marks unanswered...

That sounds like a horrible paper :cry2:

Feeling really worried for this exam now!
It's not a great paper, yes.

Perhaps better put, I'm saying that there isn't time to reread all the sources a bazillion times and zone out for 10 minutes (guilty :colondollar:) - there is ample time to do the paper, just not to agonise over the details.

It really depends on how you practice - if you give yourself 60 minutes and finish a past paper in that time, great. If you do it lazily and gaze out of the window for ages (guilty again) and then tell yourself you would have finished, you might have a problem.

It's worth mentioning I have no idea about GREEK sources paper compared to Latin - this may be completely different. Help, anyone? :confused:
Reply 204
Original post by Martins1
Yeah, no point worrying about it - no amount of worrying will change your grades - studying for your next ones will, hey!.

*next one - they're almost over :biggrin: (only Physics left).
How are people doing for sources revision? :smile:
How did everyone find the exam? 🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright. how about you?
Awful
I didn't find it too bad either, touchwood! I hope that I managed to get the right end of the stick on the 12 mark question :s-smilie:.
What was so bad @helenh567 ? A couple of my friends didn't like it either .... :frown:
My 6 mark questions were atrocious 😂 I don't think I wrote anything worth marks :frown:
Does anyone have any ideas about the grade boundaries for the sources paper?
around 40 for an A* I think
so how did everyone do?
A* :smile: What about you?
Original post by jamesj477
so how did everyone do?

A* - I'm really pleased! How about you?
I did the short course which is only 2 exams, Prose and Language 1 (Mythology and domestic life)
I got an A* in prose
And an A in language
Which is an A* over all!!! woop woop
Yeah I got an A* too. I did 2 language papers and 2 lit papers, and got 100 in language 2 and the two lit papers, and 92 in the first. No idea how that happened, I remember one of the lit papers having some really weird questions that I thought I messed up on.
Original post by jamesj477
Yeah I got an A* too. I did 2 language papers and 2 lit papers, and got 100 in language 2 and the two lit papers, and 92 in the first. No idea how that happened, I remember one of the lit papers having some really weird questions that I thought I messed up on.

OMG HOW

"son, I'm here to talk to you about the avengers initiative"
Original post by Nelliebelly
OMG HOW

"son, I'm here to talk to you about the avengers initiative"

haha there were people at my school who got 400/400 in latin and greek, they're the real avengers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending