The Student Room Group

Upping your UMS

In Year 13, suppose you take an extra module (like D1) and get higher UMS in D1 than your S1 module for AS Maths.

1. Can you re-certificate your AS levels at the very end and then throw out the S1 module?

2. If you don't get the UMS you had hoped for, can you still stick with your slightly lower S1 module?

Thanks!
Original post by Dermatome
In Year 13, suppose you take an extra module (like D1) and get higher UMS in D1 than your S1 module for AS Maths.

1. Can you re-certificate your AS levels at the very end and then throw out the S1 module?

2. If you don't get the UMS you had hoped for, can you still stick with your slightly lower S1 module?

Thanks!

Interesting question, never come across this scenario. I'd imagine they would replace S1 with D1 because you have an extra AS module which is worth more than the other. If you do not get better, then they would definitely not replace it though. I'd recommend checking with your maths teacher and/or exam officer to see what would happen if you get a better score.
Stella Dudzic from MEI has said "If you do more units in mathematics then the ones that give you the best possible grades will be the ones that count."
So if you do better in that module (such as D1) you can re-certificate and throw out the S1 or just keep the S1 if that is better
That's for MEI, but I'm sure it's the same for the others
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest