The Student Room Group

Chinese airline warns passengers about London areas populated by Pakistanis & blacks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
Source?

google "Paris syndrome"
Original post by The_Opinion
Your avatar :biggrin:.

:wink:

Spoiler

Criminality has no colour.
Original post by BasicMistake
Brick Lane is pretty good.

So badass :cool:
Should they avoid China town though? :curious::curious:
Absolutely not, Chinese tour groups stop at Chinatown for supper. Only decent Chinese food in town.

Original post by TheTruthTeller
Should they avoid China town though? :curious::curious:
Original post by jake4198
Air China didn't advice its passengers to avoid black or other ethnic minorities.

Air China did advice its passengers to avoid neighbourhoods with a significant minority population.

The former is racist, the latter is not. The left's hysteria never ceases to amaze.

likewise, the right's attempts to justify racism never creases to amaze
Original post by alevelstresss
likewise, the right's attempts to justify racism never creases to amaze

You haven't been able to prove that the comments from Air China were racist, yet you still bang on about racism in some pathetic attempt to conform to your skewed narrative that the right are somehow closet racists incessant on dividing people by skin colour. Nevertheless, I believe it's pertinent to remind you that it is the left who obsess over identity politics. I don't care about your aesthetic, but rather your character. If you can't have a cogent and rational discussion about controversial talking topics without spurting out false accusations of racism then you don't deserve to be in an academic environment.
I nearly got in to a fight with this big black guy on the street, last time i went to london. to buy a 2nd handlaptop which didn't even work properly. OOPSS!
Original post by remiremi
google "Paris syndrome"

Lol I actually experienced a similar thing when I went to Paris. It was a lot noisier, dirtier, non-Frnech than I thought it would be. I can understand how people might react like this in London. Probably not New York though- that city is usually portrayed as very noisy, multi-ethnic, busy.
Original post by john2054
I nearly got in to a fight with this big black guy on the street, last time i went to london. to buy a 2nd handlaptop which didn't even work properly. OOPSS!

Cool story bro
You haven't been able to prove that the comments from Air China were racist, yet you still bang on about racism in some pathetic attempt to conform to your skewed narrative that the right are somehow closet racists incessant on dividing people by skin colour. Nevertheless, I believe it's pertinent to remind you that it is the left who obsess over identity politics. I don't care about your aesthetic, but rather your character. If you can't have a cogent and rational discussion about controversial talking topics without spurting out false accusations of racism then you don't deserve to be in an academic environment.

Jesus christ man...

It literally said to take extra caution when travelling in areas inhabited by blacks, Pakistanis and Indians. Implying that these people are a threat to Chinese tourists and want to harm them or can cause harm to them.

That is racist, in every sense of the word. Quit trying to justify this behaviour.
Holy **** you people are disgustingly racist. I hope you dont genuinely believe this isnt offensive? Its literally suggesting that indians, pakistanis and blacks are inherently violent and dangerous. You're probably the same people who voted 'leave' because those immigrants are taking """your""" jobs right? And nah im not even on the political left, so dont begin with the buzzwords (SJW) please, most of my views are right wing, but to deny this is racism is simply pathetic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
Are people seriously being apologists and trying to justify blatant racism?

This forum depresses my hope for humanity.
Nobody forces you to visit. And besides, don't you have enough stress with the a levels.
Reply 54
Parts of East London looked worse than any run down northern town it had so many council flats and no greenery and parks. I don't blame the Chinese at all
Original post by viffer
Nobody forces you to visit. And besides, don't you have enough stress with the a levels.

thanks for your concern but i got into my firm choice with top grades,

back on topic, why is 'forcing to visit' relevant, lmao
Nothing wrong with that, what they said is accurate. The Chinese don't have to put up with any PC crap and don't have filthy SJW's. Many Chinese are actually disappointed when they go to London, as they go to enjoy British culture and see white people, they leave having done neither.

The post by Fallen Acorns proves my point very well.

I actually get what you mean. Last time I went to Paris, I expected it to be all nice, artistic, picturesque, French and all that. But I was pretty shocked when I got out of the la chapelle station and saw dozens of beggars, Africans and Asians who didn't speak French and dirty streets with a lot of traffic. However, most of the tourist attractions are in cleaner, more French parts of Paris.
Jesus christ man...

It literally said to take extra caution when travelling in areas inhabited by blacks, Pakistanis and Indians. Implying that these people are a threat to Chinese tourists and want to harm them or can cause harm to them.

That is racist, in every sense of the word. Quit trying to justify this behaviour.

No, it most certainly isn't racist.

It would be racist to tell passengers not to interract with blacks, Indians or Pakistanis.

It is not racist to tell passengers to avoid areas with a particularly high black, Indian or Pakistani population.

Air China did not imply that Indian, black and Pakistani people are a threat to Chinese tourists. They said that Indian, black and Pakistani neighbourhoods suffer from particularly high crime rates - which is true.
Reply 58
Its really weird how chinese people act around black people. I am ucl and we have a tonne of chinese people here and the chinese people are so racist towards black people. Its so sad man. One of my good friends at uni is black and hes really smart. Cmon
Chinese ppl loosen up!
No, it most certainly isn't racist.

It would be racist to tell passengers not to interract with blacks, Indians or Pakistanis.

It is not racist to tell passengers to avoid areas with a particularly high black, Indian or Pakistani population.

Air China did not imply that Indian, black and Pakistani people are a threat to Chinese tourists. They said that Indian, black and Pakistani neighbourhoods suffer from particularly high crime rates - which is true.

you've got to be a troll, that is the literal definition of racism - "avoid these areas because of the indians/pakistanis/blacks" :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending