The Student Room Group

Lse,ucl,kcl contextual offer

Hi

My GCSE grades are 9988865 (5 in combined science) and my A level predictions are A*AB in history,econ and french (B in econ). I would like to apply for History at LSE UCL AND KCL and I am eligible for their contextual offers which ranges from ABB-AAB.

I would really like to know whether it's worth applying to these 3, as I am very passionate about studying at these Universities. Please be honest!

Original post by Loiskaag
Hi

My GCSE grades are 9988865 (5 in combined science) and my A level predictions are A*AB in history,econ and french (B in econ). I would like to apply for History at LSE UCL AND KCL and I am eligible for their contextual offers which ranges from ABB-AAB.

I would really like to know whether it's worth applying to these 3, as I am very passionate about studying at these Universities. Please be honest!

please do, you meet the entry requirements - and if you are passionate go ahead!! :biggrin:
Original post by Loiskaag
Hi

Applying to 3 leading London universities is massively risky and probably unwise. There is massive competition and you could end up with no offers. For hat reason you would best be applying to only 2 of these. I know someone on here was pushed to take History at Kings instead of Law I believe. It suggests that Kings isnt over competitive for History. For that reason it might be worthapplying to Kingsalong with 1 of the others
Original post by swanseajack1
Applying to 3 leading London universities is massively risky and probably unwise. There is massive competition and you could end up with no offers. For hat reason you would best be applying to only 2 of these. I know someone on here was pushed to take History at Kings instead of Law I believe. It suggests that Kings isnt over competitive for History. For that reason it might be worthapplying to Kingsalong with 1 of the others

but yeah maybe 2 not 3 im only applying to ucl
Reply 4
Also, be aware that 67% of the student population at LSE is from overseas and most of those are Chinese.
Whilst there is nothing 'wrong' with this, it could impact your overall student experience.
Whilst the London Unis may seem glamorous, the reality is often a bit different.
One of my teachers said I should look at King's or UCL but I knew I would never going to afford to live in London - it's going to be difficult wherever I go! If that isn't a factor for you to consider then you go for at least one or two of them if you meet their minimum entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending