The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nuba123
I didn't invest in medify (which I kind of regret) if I end up with no offers then I'm going to invest in that next time round. But yeah the comparison was with the offical mocks. My number one tip is to improve your timing. I didn't have enough time to answer many of the questions adequately.
Thanks, I find Edinburgh scary because people always say you need >700 to go there but I mean it's worth a shot, right? In which case I'll patch St. Andrews and apply for the other four. Btw thank you so much - I've literally been staring at the ceiling for 3 hours trying to figure out what to do... No one knows what's going on. In my family no one understand the scoring system and I tried asking for help at school but I basically got told to phone the unis up aka "leave me alone" XD

Hey, still well done. Honestly if you can't get it this time, definitely get Medify next year. It will encourage you to practice your timing as well.
Reply 5161
I am either going far up north or south. London is too expensive and crowded and highly competitive. If you want to save some money then go somewhere out of London. It is preferable to live out and learn to cope by yourself than just depending on your parents. Getting into a London uni is a nightmare. my friend from the year above tried to get into a London Uni and she failed first time round due to the unbelievable amount of competition
My test is on the 27th. Been practicing using the Kaplan book, 1000Q's, UKCATNinja and Medify. I'm very optimistic this year as I have learned that quality over quantity is key in this test.
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Hey, still well done. Honestly if you can't get it this time, definitely get Medify next year. It will encourage you to practice your timing as well.

Yeah, definitely. Thank you - it's really hard to stay motivated but sometimes you just have to go with the flow and enjoy the journey. :smile: Best of luck for your UKCAT if you've still to sit it. :smile:
Reply 5164
UCL is the most attractive in London in terms of uni life and education. others are okayyyyy, but might as well go to somewhere cheaper than an expensive area when the uni life and education is similar
Reply 5165
Brighton asks for BMAT which is slightly heartbreaking
Reply 5166
biomed or pharm or neuroscience as backup. do I have to put a backup. clearing is the way I could get into uni otherwise if I dont get into med
Reply 5167
I :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: medicine having done work experience at hospitals and disabled care home etc
Reply 5168
ukcat tips. answer a couple of the DM questions although it doesn't count. if not just skip through it and finish the exam as soon as possible to avoid stresssssss
My test is on the 27th. Been practicing using the Kaplan book, 1000Q's, UKCATNinja and Medify. I'm very optimistic this year as I have learned that quality over quantity is key in this test.

Is this your second time sitting the test? if so what did you get the 1st time if you don't mind me asking? and how did you spend your gap year?
Reply 5170
Gap year is best to travel and gain experience in other countries................ :smile:
Original post by .......Jeff458
Thanks. Still can't believe you got a score like that in VR! Did you end up guessing any, if so how many roughly?

It says to pay like £25 for 2 weeks? Or did you just use the free questions and feel it was of enough help?

The timing is just not enough :frown:

I hope it is! Oh, are you a gap year applicant?

650 is an amazing VR score! If I got that I would be buzzing on the day! :smile:
I'm 16 because I am in my last year of academy? Normal is it not?

That's so unfair, the online calculator basically just annoys me. Best of luck with your test especially since it's exactly a week before mine! I really hope you get what you are looking for :smile:

Hi, sorry just seen this and thanks:smile: yeah I guessed a whole passage and skipped it cause I was worried about the time and didn't have time to go back
Original post by Nuba123
Is this your second time sitting the test? if so what did you get the 1st time if you don't mind me asking? and how did you spend your gap year?

My score was incredibly poor last year, I got 615. I didn't study well. I did study a lot and practiced a lot but I didn't do a mock test either... by the time I got to the test I was exhausted and just guessed most of the questions.

I am applying for GEM and I just did my MSc and finished it in August...

I will come back next week and let you guys know how I've done but my score will definitely go up this year.
Reply 5173
Biomed route isn't guaranteed though. only if you are in the top 10%, u will get considered and that ain't guaranteed either.
But it is possible at non-russell groups
Original post by 11...
ukcat tips. answer a couple of the DM questions although it doesn't count. if not just skip through it and finish the exam as soon as possible to avoid stresssssss

You saying we can skip through the section and finish it early?
Original post by 11...
Biomed route isn't guaranteed though. only if you are in the top 10%, u will get considered and that ain't guaranteed either.
But it is possible at non-russell groups

Exactly. IT is far more competitive for grads... they're looking at high 600's +. And some unis like KCL have an even higher cut off point than let's say Warwick.
My score was incredibly poor last year, I got 615. I didn't study well. I did study a lot and practiced a lot but I didn't do a mock test either... by the time I got to the test I was exhausted and just guessed most of the questions.

I am applying for GEM and I just did my MSc and finished it in August...

I will come back next week and let you guys know how I've done but my score will definitely go up this year.

**** my score is literally 617 but do you think that not applying to the "right unis" played some role in it -were the unis you applied to too UKCAT heavy? Man, this is making me nervous. :frown: But I really hope you do amazing! You deserve it for overcoming difficulty it just shows how dedicated you are! :smile:
Original post by Nuba123
Yeah, definitely. Thank you - it's really hard to stay motivated but sometimes you just have to go with the flow and enjoy the journey. :smile: Best of luck for your UKCAT if you've still to sit it. :smile:

Thing is time is on your side. There's a wealth of things you can do on your year out. I will be 25 in January, but I am not putting myself under any pressure to get in for 2017... I'm taking it easy. Pressure = stress.
You saying we can skip through the section and finish it early?

YO I skipped the entire DM section XD
Thing is time is on your side. There's a wealth of things you can do on your year out. I will be 25 in January, but I am not putting myself under any pressure to get in for 2017... I'm taking it easy. Pressure = stress.

That's the best way! I really hope you get in - all the best. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending