The Student Room Group

Best Uni for 3D animation & 3D modelling

Hey

Im currently finishing my last year of college studying Motion Graphics & animation and love 3D animation and modelling. I am searching for different unis that do what I want to do and have got them down to Portsmouth, either doing the computer animation BA or BS (applied for both open days), Bournemouth, studying Computer Visualisation and Animation, Hertfordshire studying 3D animation and 3D modelling (which I know seems perfect but want to know if what the course is actually like) and finally Worcester, studying Animation.

Just wondering if you guys had ant feedback for me on my selections and had an experience with the courses themselves.

Thanks you :biggrin:
Pick courses that are interesting to you. Visit if you can and see if the uni can put you in touch with current or former students.
Original post by EthanEWL
Hey

Im currently finishing my last year of college studying Motion Graphics & animation and love 3D animation and modelling. I am searching for different unis that do what I want to do and have got them down to Portsmouth, either doing the computer animation BA or BS (applied for both open days), Bournemouth, studying Computer Visualisation and Animation, Hertfordshire studying 3D animation and 3D modelling (which I know seems perfect but want to know if what the course is actually like) and finally Worcester, studying Animation.

Just wondering if you guys had ant feedback for me on my selections and had an experience with the courses themselves.

Have you heard of Ravensbourne?

We are in London next door to the O2 Arena :smile:

We offer an Animation (BA Hons) course which you can find out more about here!

Why not come check out Ravensbourne in person at one of open days :biggrin:. You can book tickets here

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Jordan:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by EthanEWL
Hey

Hey,

Best thing to do is visit the institution - take a peek at their open days and see the staff, students and work. Also worth asking about the graduate employability and industry contacts. I work at the NCCA at Bournemouth University, if you have any questions, let me know.

Might also be worth checking out the following thread on this site - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=301364&page=124 There are loads of posts on this subject.

Cheers

Saf
I study at Bucks new university and I'm in my second year. The course is animation and VFX. It seems damn hard to find because it's such a new course but man is it good. We are given either a laptop or a cintiq at the beginning of first year and are taught by fresh from industry tutors with brilliant equipment. We have a motion capture suite and green screen room for projects but in terms of animation it's brilliant. We are taught by an animator called Sydney Padua who was a senior animator know the latest jungle book film and is an absolutely brilliant teacher who has guest lectured at some of the most prestigious animation schools in the US. I find it so sad that this course is hardly ever listed on anything because honestly it's brilliant and when it's been going a while I am certain it's going to shoot up the ranks as one of the best universities on the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest