The Student Room Group

Advice: UCL, LSE, Kings or Warwick (Business/Management)

Hi everyone!

I need some help and advice regarding my university choices.

I've written my personal statement for management/business courses that I am applying for at these schools. However, I cannot apply for LSE's management as I took Maths at SL. So instead, I am thinking of applying for their International Relations course and take the economics options offered within the course.

However, from what I've heard, LSE wants the PS to be specifically catered to them. Should I risk it and put down LSE as my 5th option or search for another school?

In order of preference: UCL = LSE, Kings, Warwick.

Also, can anyone share experiences about Information Management for Business in UCL and International Management in Kings?

Thanks! :smile:
Re; PSs you really need to work out what you'd like to apply for and apply for that only. Unis will be able to recognise that you're undecided or confused and that won't come across well.

Re: the two courses you mention, have you tried asking the uni to put you in touch with current or former students? Visit if you can.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Re; PSs you really need to work out what you'd like to apply for and apply for that only. Unis will be able to recognise that you're undecided or confused and that won't come across well.

Re: the two courses you mention, have you tried asking the uni to put you in touch with current or former students? Visit if you can.

Yes I understand. As the courses I've applied to are very similar, I reckon my PS is fine. My advisor is confident that I will receive offers from these schools. Only doubt is the LSE course which I'm thinking if I should replace or keep as it does not fully align with the course description. I am an overseas student so I am unable to visit. In terms of reputation, which school is the most recognised? I understand Warwick has a strong reputation in business but UCL is more recognised and being located in London is a plus.
It isn't advisable to apply for things which aren't very similar especially now that you recognise that they aren't. I wouldn't worry about reputation either as they're all similar. Go with the most interesting courses which you meet the entry requirements for.
International Relations and Management are sufficiently different that it may pose a problem when designing your personal statement. LSE then Warwick are probably the best two for business related subjects but UCL and LSE have the best overall reputations.
Reply 5
Original post by kentoarsenal
Hi everyone!

I need some help and advice regarding my university choices.

I've written my personal statement for management/business courses that I am applying for at these schools. However, I cannot apply for LSE's management as I took Maths at SL. So instead, I am thinking of applying for their International Relations course and take the economics options offered within the course.

However, from what I've heard, LSE wants the PS to be specifically catered to them. Should I risk it and put down LSE as my 5th option or search for another school?

In order of preference: UCL = LSE, Kings, Warwick.

Also, can anyone share experiences about Information Management for Business in UCL and International Management in Kings?

Thanks! :smile:

Take King's College out of the list if you're aiming for investment banking or management consulting jobs at a bulge bracket firm. It's a good university. But, sadly, it is only considered as "semi-target" at best by the top employers in the banking and financial industry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending