The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nuba123
correction: *Asian dad

Hahaha :biggrin:

Hhahaha exactly what I meant lol
Anyone doing VR on medify and feel like they're not improving? I'm consistently getting 25-27/40 on the timed practices it's annoying me. I always have to guess the last 8 questions
Original post by Gwenog_quidditch
Any last minute UKCAT advice? :redface:

RTFQ (read the ****ing question).....Dont miss the word "not" in some questions
Be TOTALLY disciplined with timing
NEVER PANIC......deep breathes is the way to go
Go in with a positive mindset because a negative one will not help you one bit. Most likely if you've prepared hard and smart, you will do well.
But hey if you **** up......its BMAT time :wink:
Original post by aamin96
Anyone doing VR on medify and feel like they're not improving? I'm consistently getting 25-27/40 on the timed practices it's annoying me. I always have to guess the last 8 questions

Perhaps its the strategy that you are using that is making you get those consistent marks.
When i was doing it, i changed my approach for example, i did the t/f/ct questions first and made sure i got the highest marks on those before moving on to the reading comprehension
Original post by Mathsmad123
Perhaps its the strategy that you are using that is making you get those consistent marks.
When i was doing it, i changed my approach for example, i did the t/f/ct questions first and made sure i got the highest marks on those before moving on to the reading comprehension

Yeah I do those first as well, I think I need to skip the passages in the middle because they are usually the longest and attempt the end questions they are shorter and look a bit easier to understand. Also have you done your test?
are the passages in the actual test as obscure and hard to understand as they are in medify for VR?
RTFQ (read the ****ing question).....Dont miss the word "not" in some questions
Be TOTALLY disciplined with timing
NEVER PANIC......deep breathes is the way to go
Go in with a positive mindset because a negative one will not help you one bit. Most likely if you've prepared hard and smart, you will do well.
But hey if you **** up......its BMAT time :wink:

Tysm :smile:
hey could anyone help me decide what unis to go for with 650 avg, and Band 2, I was previously thinking Sheffield, Exeter and Southampton but they all rank on ukcat :/ thanks
Does anyone know why SJ is Banded instead of scored? Is SJ the most important subtest or something?
Thank youuu
how do you do timed practices on medify? for each of the sections?*
Original post by .......Jeff458
Hhahaha exactly what I meant lol

Lol - when is your UKCAT test?
Original post by michaela__
Thank you :smile: I'll try my best

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let me know how it went! I know you're going to do well. :smile:
Just did my UKCAT
VR-520(pisssed off)QR-680
AR-740
Average-650
Is it worth applying to Dundee, Aberdeen, St Andrews and Edinburgh?
Original post by michaela__
Thank you :smile: I'll try my best

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!
Original post by Potatoo
Just did my UKCAT
VR-520(pisssed off)QR-680
AR-740
Average-650
Is it worth applying to Dundee, Aberdeen, St Andrews and Edinburgh?

Dundee....yes if your GCSE is good
Aberdeen......Yes if ur predicted grades are good/achieved grades for a level
St andrews...dunno
Endinburgh.... i doubt it
Reply 5455
Just sat my UKCAT, scored:

VR: 820
QR: 890
AR: 730
SJ: Band 2

Used the UKCAT mocks and medify, did about 75% of the medify Qs but almost all as timed practice. I think VR is a little easier on Medify than in reality and QR is much easier on the real thing... seemed that way to me at least!
Dundee....yes if your GCSE is good
Aberdeen......Yes if ur predicted grades are good/achieved grades for a level
St andrews...dunno
Endinburgh.... i doubt it

I am Scottish applicant. I have highers 4A's and a B in chemistry. Predicted I will have Advanced higher AAB/AAA
Original post by Fall_

Used the UKCAT mocks and medify, did about 75% of the medify Qs but almost all as timed practice. I think VR is a little easier on Medify than in reality and QR is much easier on the real thing... seemed that way to me at least!
well done they're amazing scores! can you please tell me how to do timed practice on medify? i can't seem to find them *
Original post by ellen111
well done they're amazing scores! can you please tell me how to do timed practice on medify? i can't seem to find them *

After you login. Click practice. Towards the top right you will see three options in blue the top one will be for timed practice. Just over Ananlysis. I don't remember the exact options. Hope this helps
Original post by Fall_

If you don't mind me asking, what was your technique for VR? And how were you doing with Medify questions? Were you getting most of them right with VR? Also any tips and advice? Thanks in advance :smile:

Congratulations on your score btw!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending