The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Did my UKCAT. Second time. Only did better by 8 points. Terrible.*

VR 580
QR 640
AR 650

I didn't manage my time well. I was rushing and guessing a lot especially for QR. QR wasn't difficult but I fell into the trap of spending too much time on some questions.

AR was ok but I couldn't get some patterns so I ended up guessing.

VR has long passages and asks complex questions.

All I can say is key in this test is time management. Be smart. Flag and don't spend too much time on some of the questions especially for QR.*

I'm applying for GEM so I need a score of at least 700. I am not as disheartened as I was last year. Will try my luck doing the GAMSAT for March. *

What ukcat mock would you say represented the test the best? I get caught up in a few questions in qr which I need to stop doing also what was particularly hard about vr?
Hi,

I just got my ukcat and did really bad. What uni should I apply for a 6 year medicine course. Predicted grades are AAB. and average ukcat score is 643 and a band 3.. So which universities should I consider applying to for foundation/extended/widening. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Btw, I am not doing the BMAT as theres no use
I'm struggling with what medical schools to apply for. I'm thinking of Bristol and UEA and don't know about the other two.
I got 637 (average) on UKCAT plus band 2 and 3As at A-Level
Original post by samrosenwalker
Guys, how did people find the AR mini mock on medify? I did pretty terrible :')

Just did it. It was pretty tricky got 630
Original post by dragonblazer11
Hi,

I just got my ukcat and did really bad. What uni should I apply for a 6 year medicine course. Predicted grades are AAB. and average ukcat score is 643 and a band 3.. So which universities should I consider applying to for foundation/extended/widening. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Btw, I am not doing the BMAT as theres no use

your ukcat isn't bad

trust me
Just wondering does anyone know someone who got into medicine with an average of approx. 617 ? If so, what uni?
omg i just got 530 in the medify VR mini mock! I found it so hard especially the comprehension questions!!! IM SO SCARED AS THE REAL ONE IS HARDER.. *any advice please?
Original post by Nuba123
your ukcat isn't bad

trust me

do you know where I should apply to
Anyone else find AR and QR in Official ukcat mock c annoying?
Original post by aamin96

I got 650 in both in mock C! From memory I think QR was okay in mock C but AR was hard for me! Hope that helps 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5910
Hey everyone, just got 1880 (average 627) and band 2 in my UKCAT. Any certain unis I should apply to with this score?
(edited 7 years ago)
I did my UKCAT test today and got:

VR - 570
AR - 690
QR - 650
SJ - Band 2 (average - 636)

I was really hoping to apply to The University of Manchester but I'm not too sure now, any advice?
Original post by aamin96

Can you not take a joke ?
Did my ukcat earlier today and got
VR: 600
QR:750
AR: 660
Band 2
Average:670
overall pretty happy saying I thought all sections were a lot harder than any mock😊
Original post by roukiaa23
I did my UKCAT test today and got:

VR - 570
AR - 690
QR - 650
SJ - Band 2 (average - 636)

I was really hoping to apply to The University of Manchester but I'm not too sure now, any advice?

Well done on your score! I got 667 and I'm still applying although I believe it to be a little risky. Here are previous cut offs in yellow for Manchester. Last year Liverpool wanted 625 so try there if you have an amazing PS!ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474995555.078282.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louise427
Did my ukcat earlier today and got
VR: 600
QR:750
AR: 660
Band 2
Average:670
overall pretty happy saying I thought all sections were a lot harder than any mock😊

Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dragonblazer11
do you know where I should apply to

If I were you I would apply to Aberdeen and Dundee as chances are decent there but I only have good knowledge of Scottish unis. I know unis like EAST Anglia and Liverpool are pretty lenient I considered them for a while. My UKCAT is on average 617 - wayyyyyyyyyyy lower than yours - I'm applying for Glasgow (<1% chance of getting but I'm going to apply anyway), Edinburgh (another risk), Aberdeen (consider all ukcat scores and therefore, I have a better chance there) and Dundee (another risk but I have better chances here than Edinburgh or Glasgow). I'm not expecting any offers this year tbh I would say >630 is safe so you have a decent shot. All the best. Disclaimer: I might be talking BS XD
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Did my UKCAT. Second time. Only did better by 8 points. Terrible.*

VR 580
QR 640
AR 650

I didn't manage my time well. I was rushing and guessing a lot especially for QR. QR wasn't difficult but I fell into the trap of spending too much time on some questions.

AR was ok but I couldn't get some patterns so I ended up guessing.

VR has long passages and asks complex questions.

All I can say is key in this test is time management. Be smart. Flag and don't spend too much time on some of the questions especially for QR.*

I'm applying for GEM so I need a score of at least 700. I am not as disheartened as I was last year. Will try my luck doing the GAMSAT for March. *

Can I ask if you did any mocks and what you were getting in them if you remember? I'm also applying to GEM and have sat the test before. I think I'm also going take the GAMSAT if the test does not go well but its not calming my nerves at all.
Hey Guys,

I'm doing my UKCAT on thursday and am feeling pretty nervous for it really, I don't think I'll get the best of grades really. Coupled with predicted grades of AAB, I'm struggling really with what options I have left. I've been given a predicted grade of a B in french as I have to resit an exam. What should I do?
Original post by polly.holden9
Hey Guys,

I'm doing my UKCAT on thursday and am feeling pretty nervous for it really, I don't think I'll get the best of grades really. Coupled with predicted grades of AAB, I'm struggling really with what options I have left. I've been given a predicted grade of a B in french as I have to resit an exam. What should I do?

I went to Liverpool open day and they said they consider people with AAB predictions iirc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending