The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Squishy•
Lmao @Mathsmad123 you have true problems.

Spoiler

This is what you PM'd me "Were you neglected as a child? Constantly oppressed and not allowed to think? Bullied? Is that why you have tried to convince yourself that you are worth something? It just shows a lot of insecurity and mental imbalance to be honest."
Does a doctor make fun of people's mental frailties?
And in answer to your main point, I'm mentally strong which is why I'm a national athlete and the youngest person in my county to complete an ultra marathon. I believe in myself, and I'm loving life and I'm so happy currently :smile: And i am gonna PM you my snapchat so we can talk over the phone if you have the BOTTLE.
Original post by huzaifa-tariq
Lol just chill. If you react, you're just giving her more stuff to talk about/disagree with.

I am doing now 🤔 we shall see anyway give it a few days it will probably blow up again lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6382
Original post by ASTK98
UEA don't take SJT into account when deciding which applicants to short list for interview. You might want to email those Unis and see if they accept re-sit applicants though... Not many do

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thanks man- yeah I've emailed them and all 3 have said I'm a-ok to apply there but my offer may be higher like A*AA instead of AAA, which should be fine😰😼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by druvi
Ah thanks man- yeah I've emailed them and all 3 have said I'm a-ok to apply there but my offer may be higher like A*AA instead of AAA, which should be fine😰😼

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should consider applying to Plymouth, your UKCAT score is high (they love that) and they accept re-sit applicants too.

I think they generally ask for an A* when you take an extra year out to redo a few modules, but you might get lucky and in the end they only ask for AAA. You never know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao @Mathsmad123 you have true problems.

Spoiler

I'm honestly just going to say what everyone is thinking. I don't normally say stuff like this but this thread would be way nicer if you weren't here. And also, you're being really absurd. You're just lashing out over nothing. How will you manage in a real work environment? Will you just lash out at patients or colleagues you don't get along with? Ufft. Well done on your UKCAT btw but please stop this nonsense, honestly. If you're sensing negativity just ignore it there's no need to make a big deal out of it. If you're having any personal problems please get the right help. Talk to someone. People who lash out easily usually are going through a rough time. I'm NOT trying to victimise you but I went through a particularly rough patch growing up. However feel free to PM me. Your profile picture shows a pic of a hijabi (idk if it's you) so I could probably relate a lot to you tbh. If not, I wish you all the best on your application. Insh Allah. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathsmad123
This is what you PM'd me "Were you neglected as a child? Constantly oppressed and not allowed to think? Bullied? Is that why you have tried to convince yourself that you are worth something? It just shows a lot of insecurity and mental imbalance to be honest."
Does a doctor make fun of people's mental frailties?
And in answer to your main point, I'm mentally strong which is why I'm a national athlete and the youngest person in my county to complete an ultra marathon. I believe in myself, and I'm loving life and I'm so happy currently :smile: And i am gonna PM you my snapchat so we can talk over the phone if you have the BOTTLE.

WOAH

I get why you're mad but don't think that she represents all Muslim women. I'm Muslim and I think I'm pretty nice. We're not all oppressed - believe me. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, did it yesterday:

VR: 600
QR: 890
AR: 770
SJT: band 2 (finished it with half the time to spare lol I was so restless by then I just ended review and was the first to leave the room)

Average: 753, band 2

Kind of disappointed about VR because my highest score in the mocks was 730, but feel free to ask me anything! I used Medify the past month and found it extremely helpful, my friend lent me his 600Q book but I didn't really use it and I used UKCAT ninja for the entire summer! That's basically it :smile: good luck to everyone else who hasn't sat it and well done all for getting through such a horrible test!
Original post by Nuba123
WOAH

I get why you're mad but don't think that she represents all Muslim women. I'm Muslim and I think I'm pretty nice. We're not all oppressed - believe me. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not muslim nor do i talk to people in a certain way because of their religion. And yeah you guys are nice :smile:
Original post by rosemondtan

SJT: band 2 (finished it with half the time to spare lol I was so restless by then I just ended review and was the first to leave the room)

Kind of disappointed about VR because my highest score in the mocks was 730, but feel free to ask me anything! I used Medify the past month and found it extremely helpful, my friend lent me his 600Q book but I didn't really use it and I used UKCAT ninja for the entire summer! That's basically it :smile: good luck to everyone else who hasn't sat it and well done all for getting through such a horrible test!

WOAHHHHHHH WELL DONEEEE

If I have to re-apply I'm going to invest in online resources rather than books became they didn't REALLY help that much. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be so proud of that score, its amazing and would pretty much get you into any UKCAT heavy uni :smile: Apply to your strengths and 4 interviews are waiting for you!
Original post by Nuba123
WOAHHHHHHH WELL DONEEEE

If I have to re-apply I'm going to invest in online resources rather than books became they didn't REALLY help that much. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile: I was averaging 650~ in my Medify mocks so really, this was my highest ever recorded! And yes, it's always good to familiarise yourself with the computerised interface, doing practices in the books just won't give you the feel of working on the computer :smile: have you taken the test yet? X
You should be so proud of that score, its amazing and would pretty much get you into any UKCAT heavy uni :smile: Apply to your strengths and 4 interviews are waiting for you!

Thank you so much! You're too kind :smile: I'm actually still deliberating about which unis I should apply to, gonna take the BMAT too just to get a feel of what I want! I'm an international student studying in the uk so I guess requirements are much higher for me :frown:
Im not muslim nor do i talk to people in a certain way because of their religion. And yeah you guys are nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Straight in the feels. Feels good to have rational people about on TSR. Shout out to you btw :yep: As are you... :smile:
Thank you! :smile: I was averaging 650~ in my Medify mocks so really, this was my highest ever recorded! And yes, it's always good to familiarise yourself with the computerised interface, doing practices in the books just won't give you the feel of working on the computer :smile: have you taken the test yet? X

Yeah I averaged at 617 but I didn't really use my books that much and used the practise tests a little bit but not that often. Kind of regret being so chilled out but at least it's over. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much! You're too kind :smile: I'm actually still deliberating about which unis I should apply to, gonna take the BMAT too just to get a feel of what I want! I'm an international student studying in the uk so I guess requirements are much higher for me :frown:

Not really sure what the future holds tbh.

A bucket of disappointment, perhaps? It's all good though I've got a thick skin it's actually a facade I'm actually a really sensitive person. I accidently shoved someone today and they started shouting at me and I was soo upset. Lmao. It's usually just in the heat of the moment. Afterwards I'm fine. Idk whyyyy I'm talking about this...? Well now you know. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

which mock did u get 730 in?

No problem :smile: And I'm not sure about international requirements but if they're the same as normal applicants applying from the UK, you should apply for newcastle, plymouth, sheffield, Southampton, manchester, glasgow, st georges which do the UKCAT, and basically once you meet the minimum requirements, they just go on UKCAT score.
Im taking BMAT, i did it last year and i preferred it to UKCAT ngl except for the essay section!
No problem :smile: And I'm not sure about international requirements but if they're the same as normal applicants applying from the UK, you should apply for newcastle, plymouth, sheffield, Southampton, manchester, glasgow, st georges which do the UKCAT, and basically once you meet the minimum requirements, they just go on UKCAT score.
Im taking BMAT, i did it last year and i preferred it to UKCAT ngl except for the essay section!

Are you on a gap year? If so, what sort of stuff have you been doing? Just wondering as I might be in the same boat this time next year. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123
Posted from TSR Mobile

Straight in the feels. Feels good to have rational people about on TSR. Shout out to you btw :yep: As are you... :smile:

A rational person? Do those private messages where they showed traits of arrogance and mental instability provide evidence to support that?
Calling someone scum and etc. Yeah that's rational
Even the way they emphasise certain letters by caps locks show there is something wrong there.
Wtf? I don't give a f*** if you think this thread will be nicer without me. Your opinion is irrelevant to me.
How on earth did I lash out over nothing? I didn't even lash out. The only thing I said which was opinionated was my view on how michaela constantly played a victim over me doing nothin at all, the fact that she was causing something out of nothing after I said I there was nothing wrong.
You talk like you have knowledge but you don't. Saying rubbish like people who lash out blah blah blah wtf are u even talking about? That is so wrong; 1) That's not even true 2) I didn't lash out and it had nothing to do with u.
It doesn't matter a single bit how I will act when I work in the future, that's none of your concern and stupid people like you who always resort to that same thing are clearly not thinking straight. I could say the same thing:"ooh are u just always going to assume ur patients lifestyle and make wrong judgements and cause them to take wrong medicine and die" "oooh are u always going to speak about things you don't know and not follow the limits of being a doctor" "ooh are u always going to condescend people and act like you know what you are talking about with patients because that's not what a good doctor does". That method of argument is so ridiculous and even if I were to go on to be a doctor that does the things u suggested that wouldn't have anything to do with you.
Why are you congratulating me on a Ukcat score? I never did the ukcat, perhaps you are thinking when I copied and pasted the guys private message to me and posted it on here that it was me? It was their private message they sent me in which they were bragging about it. Don't involve yourself and then not have a clue what u are talking about.
I couldn't care less about ur opinion or whether you had a rough time blah blah and how u are trying to patronise me by implying I'm not thinking straight because I'm going through a rough patch, lol just because u went through something it doesn't mean u can apply that to everyone. people aren't always dysfunctional. Lmao wtf is ur problem u condescending tw@.
You need to stay out of it, you are clearly talking so much rubbish which doesn't even make sense and implying so many wrong things. Just stfu trying to sound all knowledgable u spud.

That rubbish about me not representing Islam is stupid. That comment never mentioned Islam and I was the one who sent that message to them after they sent the messages to me.
**** ur PMs

You're not lashing out at all. :smile:

Night, have a great life.
Seriously don't get you one bit. I tried, I failed. Whatever, it happens. Thanks for the para tho. Genuinely does seem like you care about what people say about you. :/ I've never been spoken to like this, ever. Like I literally have nothing else to say. First time for everything I guess. :confused::top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending