The Student Room Group

BKSB Diagnostic Assessment

Maths Level 3 Diagnostic(BKSB)
You completed the Maths Level 3 Diagnostic and scored 70%.

I don't understand how I could have done level 3 maths as this is only for the people who achieve a grade of A or higher.
or Is this false?
Original post by emanuelty
Maths Level 3 Diagnostic(BKSB)
You completed the Maths Level 3 Diagnostic and scored 70%.

I don't understand how I could have done level 3 maths as this is only for the people who achieve a grade of A or higher.
or Is this false?

What grade GCSE do you have?
Level 1 maths = grade D or so at GCSE
Level 2 maths = grade C and above at GCSE
Level 3 maths = AS level maths which has an overlap with A/A* GCSE topics

Are you sure you didn't take an Entry level 3 diagnostic?

Most colleges only use bksb to assess at entry level (below GCSE standard) or at level 1/2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
What grade GCSE do you have?
Level 1 maths = grade D or so at GCSE
Level 2 maths = grade C and above at GCSE
Level 3 maths = AS level maths which has an overlap with A/A* GCSE topics

Are you sure you didn't take an Entry level 3 diagnostic?

Most colleges only use bksb to assess at entry level (below GCSE standard) or at level 1/2

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received a grade C. yea, I am sure.
Original post by emanuelty
I received a grade C. yea, I am sure.

Then the diagnostic shows you know more GCSE level maths content than your grade C would indicate. Did you find out your actual mark? Some of the grade boundaries were very high this year, maybe you were close to a B.The report should tell you what your weak areas were. It would suggest you should cope well with an A level/BTEC that needs a good level of maths skill or that you could possibly be successful with study for a level 3 maths qualification (though not necessarily A level maths). I haven't used a level 3 diagnostic in ages but it used to concentrate on calculator topics which might indicate you are stronger with a calculator than without. What happens next depends on why you were asked to complete the diagnostic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest