The Student Room Group

Applying to UWC 2016 for entrance September 2017

Scroll to see replies

I finished my application the other day! Am just waiting on references. How is everyone going?
Hi! I am from Scotland and I'm going to be applying this year!
Original post by Sandy42114
Hi! I am from Scotland and I'm going to be applying this year!

Ayy. What part of Scotland? I'm applying through the HK national committee because I am from HK but my parents are from Scotland.
Original post by Felix1312
Ayy. What part of Scotland? I'm applying through the HK national committee because I am from HK but my parents are from Scotland.

I'm from Edinburgh :smile: what part are your parents from?
Aha, so this is where everyone who's applied this year's been hanging out! Reading through, I'm a bit late for this party. However, I've sent off my application and am worried I messed up the questions little. I don't think I wrote as well as I could for my answers, and I don't feel I conveyed myself well. I'm praying that they ask my references and my teachers give me a good report! I'm applying from England by the way; any other brits? I'm really anxious, because I really want to go! But I've found out some useful information: if you have any queries you can email the applications people and they answer really quickly (well, the GB committee anyway), and in depth. I emailed because I was worried my passport photo hadn't gone through and that I'd sent the wrong photo (that would have been awkward if they got a picture of a quilt instead of my), and I got a reply the next day telling me not to worry because the person answering my message had actually checked herself that my picture was there, and it was. SO don't be afraid to email them your questions!
I'm from Edinburgh what part are your parents from?

oops sorry for late reply. Mum from Irvine and Dad from Doune
Original post by sally_avis
I'm doing the human beauty and are there too many of us one. You?

I did the human beauty one and the Virginia Woolf one. Hopefully they went okay, although I had to cut out so many words. I think both were 400 on the dot...

Has anyone got replies about interviews yet?
I did the questions on the last piece of paper and I talked about how it could be a good thing, as it means we may have found paper substitutes so stopping deforestation and the one about odd numbers. I listed a lot of facts and debated whether there's anything truly odd about them, or if it's just us.
I heard back! I have an interview next week!
Original post by sumosalad
I heard back! I have an interview next week!

Gosh, well done! I hope you do well at interviews! Which college do you want to go to the most?
P.S. Who's re-applying next year?
Honestly anywhere! Somewhere in Europe would be absolutely fantastic. They emailed and called me if that's any help. Hope you guys hear back soon! The wait is agonising.
Hi! I got an interview on the 13th of December! Is anyone else going to be attending that assessment day?
Hi! I got an interview on the 13th of December! Is anyone else going to be attending that assessment day?

I went on the 13th!
I've been offered a position at UWC Costa Rica!

YAAAASSSSSSSSSSS got offered there when I went through this 3 years ago but couldn't go in the end BC of fees.

You will 100% have a blast from what I've seen of my friends who did go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! We don't hear back until February (GB)
Original post by tasha.ashbridge
Congrats! We don't hear back until February (GB)

Best of luck, the interview is v fun if you get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Best of luck, the interview is v fun if you get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had my interview and loved it! But we don't find out if we get a place until February :smile:
Original post by tasha.ashbridge
I've had my interview and loved it! But we don't find out if we get a place until February :smile:

Oh fair, they've moved the interviews back a bit since I did them! How did you find AC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done everyone who got to the interviews and people who have been offered places! What were the interviews like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending