The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellen111
Hey guys do you think applying to QMUL for the a100 as a graduate predicted a 1st is risky with a total ukcat score of 1740?? it says on a pdf they sent me the lowest ukcat score of a graduate applying to the a100 was 1740 but I'm still unsure :/ any advice would be really appreciated!

Go with your gut feeling, although I think that you are scored higher with an achieved 1st class rather than predicted.
Anyone else feel theyre choosing between southampton and SGUL they seem to have very similar cut offs for ukcat
Can anyone tell me where Im meant to enter my university choices on the ukcat website? I cant seem to find it! Thanks!
I got 650 in my UKCAT, do you think it is ambitious to apply for:
Kings
Cardiff
B'Ham
Bristol
UCL (Pharmacy back-up)

???
Original post by WhizzKidhehe:)
Kings
Cardiff
B'Ham
Bristol
UCL (Pharmacy back-up)

???

Nope only one really use the ukcat and thats kings, 650 is an okay score for kings
Original post by WhizzKidhehe:)
Kings
Cardiff
B'Ham
Bristol
UCL (Pharmacy back-up)

???

As long as you have a solid PS and the predicted grades you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
As long as you have a solid PS and the predicted grades you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ASTK98, where are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7487
Hi, I'm a graduate applying for the 5 year courses. I am just wondering if I need to include my AS levels? I got a D in AS maths but AAB for my A levels in biology, chemistry and physics - I also hold a MPharm with a first. Do we need to declare all grades on the UCAS form? There are no specific AS level requirements for graduates but I don't know it if will just look bad! Thanks.
Original post by mb992
Hi, I'm a graduate applying for the 5 year courses. I am just wondering if I need to include my AS levels? I got a D in AS maths but AAB for my A levels in biology, chemistry and physics - I also hold a MPharm with a first. Do we need to declare all grades on the UCAS form? There are no specific AS level requirements for graduates but I don't know it if will just look bad! Thanks.

im not declaring any AS grades.
just A level
Degree and MSc
Original post by mb992

Original post by Lostperson
just A level
Degree and MSc

Hi, UCAS ask you to declare all results, even fails, from GCSE onwards. I think it forms part of the terms and conditions you agree to. Its worth double checking. *
Reply 7490
just A level
Degree and MSc

Cool thanks, was really unsure on whether to include it. I've read somewhere that we should include everything but then read others saying its not an issue
Original post by eemooz
Hi, UCAS ask you to declare all results, even fails, from GCSE onwards. I think it forms part of the terms and conditions you agree to. Its worth double checking. *

ah okay damn haha have to declare that BIG FAT D grade then.
Original post by mb992
Cool thanks, was really unsure on whether to include it. I've read somewhere that we should include everything but then read others saying its not an issue

hmm apparently we have to legally, but I don't see any way they would really find out or care for a grad?
Original post by michaela__
ASTK98, where are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

King's, Barts, East Anglia and Liverpool. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hmm apparently we have to legally, but I don't see any way they would really find out or care for a grad?

You may get asked about your A-levels and to fill out your As and A-level results when you start the course or something along them lines. Then if they find out that you didn't declare something they have the right to kick you out. It's best to be safe than sorry. Unless you don't have any AS outside of your A2 subjects then that is self explanatory i think
Original post by ASTK98
King's, Barts, East Anglia and Liverpool. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooo looks like we will be competing at Liverpool :wink: lol just kidding 😂 but Liverpool, Manchester, st George's and Plymouth!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how kings college select for interview ?
Original post by michaela__
Oooo looks like we will be competing at Liverpool :wink: lol just kidding 😂 but Liverpool, Manchester, st George's and Plymouth!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha. Those are good options, you'll definitely get a couple of interviews especially with your UKCAT score. Good luck! 🙌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Hahaha. Those are good options, you'll definitely get a couple of interviews especially with your UKCAT score. Good luck! 🙌

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much 😋 good luck with yours too! Let me know if you get any interviews etc and how they go!❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile
just A level
Degree and MSc

hey where are you applying to? *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending