The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RWiz
Crossing my fingers that end October will not be too late. Exams next week and just finished Networking...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exams?!?!
Reply 1201
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Exams?!?!

I'm foreign

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1202
Does Royal Bank of Scotland have Spring Week? I know they used to offer them, cannot find them this year. If so, does anyone know when it opens? Cheers
Original post by fadsa
Does Royal Bank of Scotland have Spring Week? I know they used to offer them, cannot find them this year. If so, does anyone know when it opens? Cheers

Yes, it's called the female spring week but is open to all supposedly. Not much point applying to rbs tho since they aren't recruiting for their ib arm anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
When they ask for your UCAS points do they want your top 3 grades? I did general studies but I don't think if I can add it in as a fourth A-Level. I also did EPQ does that count?

Also, I am currently on a 3 year course and I am hoping to do masters elsewhere and since I have 3 years down for university, is there usually an opportunity to list it elsewhere on an application form?
Also, would it be too late to submit applications in mid-Nov, I know the sooner the better but I have not started practicing for SJT, logical, verbal ect so I am worried I will send it off then be asked to do these tests instantly and I won't do as well as if I had more time to practice.
Original post by seismic cat
When they ask for your UCAS points do they want your top 3 grades? I did general studies but I don't think if I can add it in as a fourth A-Level. I also did EPQ does that count?

Also, I am currently on a 3 year course and I am hoping to do masters elsewhere and since I have 3 years down for university, is there usually an opportunity to list it elsewhere on an application form?

Don't bother writing about the EPQ unless you did really well in it. Even then, the probably won't care. I would mention general studies alongside your other A Levels.
I meant if they wanted EPQ in terms of UCAS points
Original post by Jker
Have you heard back?!!

ICAP interview done
MS status changed to under review
UBS changed as well from Interview/Assessment in Progress to under review
DB has sent two e-mails saying reviewing my application
Rothschild and JPM under review tho status is still Test Complete/App Received

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, would it be too late to submit applications in mid-Nov, I know the sooner the better but I have not started practicing for SJT, logical, verbal ect so I am worried I will send it off then be asked to do these tests instantly and I won't do as well as if I had more time to practice.

Test sent off automatically for CS, Nomura, BAML Rothschild, MS like immediately
DB,UBS are like not immediately but in 24hrs in my case
HSBC can't remember but may have a pre-screening
Citi will pre-screen I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your Top3 grades are good enough I doubt you need to put down EPQ. Probably put down in the section where some banks ask for special circumstances that wish to be taken into account?[ not sure ask Prince maybe to confirm🌚]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah top 3, or if the drop down menu goes >420 (i.e. JPM) then include dropped AS + extra A levels.

No point listing it if you intend on applying this year to spring weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I meant if they wanted EPQ in terms of UCAS points

They won't include it into the main requirement of 300-340 depending on firm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got a link to the ICAP spring week please? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Princepieman

No point listing it if you intend on applying this year to spring weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come? Do ucas points not matter as much for soring weeks?
How come? Do ucas points not matter as much for soring weeks?

There were two questions, one about UCAS points and one about stating an intent to do a master's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
There were two questions, one about UCAS points and one about stating an intent to do a master's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes more sense, thanks.
Is RBS female spring insight open guys? Can't seem to find the apply button - thanks in advance.

Latest

Trending

Trending