The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

start lifting and eat at maintenance, you will lose fat and build muscle which will improve your overall shape and physique, do not lose any more weight as you're bordeline underweight as it is
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Sounds like a good idea. You need to balance how much energy you use to how much you consume :yep:

Spoiler

My last diet failed :colonhash: This time I bought lots of food. :smile:
Original post by saraxh

Spoiler

My last diet failed :colonhash: This time I bought lots of food. :smile:

I wouldn't advise losing more weight - only exercising more.
From what I'm gathering from this thread you're wanting more muscles. So exercising more and eating more = solution. What I'm suggesting is knowing the correct amount of food to balance the amount of exercise you are doing.
Therefore for each calorie you burn working out, you're replacing in a meal later whilst getting "abs" or whatever they're called XD
Original post by 999tigger
You are probably pretty slim already, hence being on the verge of underweight, but you have an overly critical perception of your body.

I wouldnt lose any more weight. You cna get leaner through lifting weights. Basically less body fat will give you a higher % of muscle which will mean you will be more defined and more compact. That means tighter and better shape. You cna lose inches without having to lose weight.

Thanks. I try to work out sometimes.
I don't think you can get a smaller waist without losing weight. :s-smilie:
Original post by not light
Woah, if you look like that, youre seriously perfect:colondollar:

Thanks. I want flat abs though :colonhash:
Original post by saraxh
Thanks. I want flat abs though :colonhash:

:shh:guys dont like flat abs:shh:
Losing weight especially if you're underweight is never fun (talking from experience), rather, gain the weight needed by eating protein based foods etc. then work it out in the gym or at home to get into better shape :smile:
Original post by saraxh
Thanks. I try to work out sometimes.
I don't think you can get a smaller waist without losing weight. :s-smilie:

You misunderstand how it works. Muscle is denser than fat, so it occupies a smaller space. You wont get big muscles (you cant), but you will get a tighter more shapely body. Constant dieting will just make you skinny or worse. Its obvious to see which is healthier.
Original post by Anonymous
Speaking from experience, your weight is just fine, I'm a bit like you. im 5"3 and 45kg. I wouldn't just focus on what BMI says is 'healthy'. BMI is national average, or what they believe is normal, however you have to think personally are you healthy, for you height and weight you seem healthy. I wouldn't suggest losing weight, you could prehaps tone your body a bit if you are not happy but I would not suggest losing weight. Hope this helped

Thanks. I don't eat healthy nearly all the time so I don't think i'm healthy.
:shh:guys dont like flat abs:shh:

Who said it's to impress a guy? :colone:
I wouldn't advise losing more weight - only exercising more.
From what I'm gathering from this thread you're wanting more muscles. So exercising more and eating more = solution. What I'm suggesting is knowing the correct amount of food to balance the amount of exercise you are doing.
Therefore for each calorie you burn working out, you're replacing in a meal later whilst getting "abs" or whatever they're called XD

I can't give you a rep you
Original post by saraxh
I can't give you a rep you

no need
just be careful, ok? :hugs:
no need
just be careful, ok? :hugs:

Ok :hugs:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by saraxh
Ok :hugs:

Spoiler

:jumphug:haha so do I but I'm not as determined as you are to get it
so go for it :h:But make sure you don't under-eat! :wink:
Original post by 999tigger
You misunderstand how it works. Muscle is denser than fat, so it occupies a smaller space. You wont get big muscles (you cant), but you will get a tighter more shapely body. Constant dieting will just make you skinny or worse. Its obvious to see which is healthier.

Ok :smile: I'll try to work out more often. I have weights at home.

Spoiler

Original post by saraxh
Ok :smile: I'll try to work out more often. I have weights at home.

Spoiler

too skinny bleurgh
:jumphug:haha so do I but I'm not as determined as you are to get it
so go for it :h:But make sure you don't under-eat! :wink:

Ok :smile: I know the girl in the picture works out almost everyday
too skinny bleurgh

Not :colonhash: She just has a really small waist
Original post by saraxh
Ok :smile: I know the girl in the picture works out almost everyday

damn